The Cardboard Connection Forum

Quick Search

Go Advanced

Member Login

Remember Me? Not registered? | Forgot Password

Register
Welcome

The Cardboard Connection Forum > Collectors Showcase > Football Showcase » Question for collectors of autographed cards
Football Showcase Post Your Football Card Collection, Box Breaks, Mail Days, & Ask Members For Help

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 87hokie

Old 04-03-2017, 05:40 AM   #1

CCW Rookie
Default Question for collectors of autographed cards

Is a autograph that runs off of a sticker considered less desirable to you ? If you ended up with one from say Ebay where a stock photo is posted and multiple cards are available would you ask for a return and refund ? Just wondering others opinions
Vols1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:12 AM   #2

VA Tech Collector

I think that if the stock photo showed the auto completely within the borders of the sticker - then yes I would try to get it exchanged.

There are some player autos that I have seen that have letter tops clipped due to the flair of the signer.

To answer your question - Clipped autos are not necessarily less desirable to me. But I would tend to look at other autos by the same person to judge the availability of non-clipped examples.

Let's face it signing stickers on a sheet or a roll has got to be more tedious than signing a stack of cards...little stickers, big hands and avoiding smearing of autos - - - just the thought makes my hands cramp.
chris_brown likes this.

I collect Former Va Tech Players in all sports.

Football - Antone Exum, Kyle Fuller, Corey Fuller, Logan Thomas, Bruce Smith, Michael Vick, David Wilson, Antonio Freeman, Victor Harris, Brandon Flowers, Eddie Royal etc

Baseball - Mike Williams, Franklin Stubbs, Jesse Hahn, Joe Saunders, Brad Clontz, Kevin Barker, Wyatt Toregas - Major or Minor Leaguers!

http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/87hokie/library/

Last edited by 87hokie; 04-03-2017 at 07:12 AM. Reason: spelling error
87hokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 07:05 PM   #3

Baseball Manager

^^^ I agree with Le
ucffans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 07:17 PM   #4

CCW Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87hokie View Post
I think that if the stock photo showed the auto completely within the borders of the sticker - then yes I would try to get it exchanged.

There are some player autos that I have seen that have letter tops clipped due to the flair of the signer.

To answer your question - Clipped autos are not necessarily less desirable to me. But I would tend to look at other autos by the same person to judge the availability of non-clipped examples.

Let's face it signing stickers on a sheet or a roll has got to be more tedious than signing a stack of cards...little stickers, big hands and avoiding smearing of autos - - - just the thought makes my hands cramp.
I asked the seller for a partial refund and he was nice about it -- the signer Cameron Sutton does appear to have quite a few clipped autos so far -- thanks for your insight
Old 05-03-2017, 05:59 PM   #5

CCW Rookie

almost every Score auto by Sutton is clipped -- I never really hated sticker autos until now
Old 05-05-2017, 01:29 PM   #6

CCW Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTvols View Post
almost every Score auto by Sutton is clipped -- I never really hated sticker autos until now
thats why i try to avoid sticker autos if its possible,depending on the player im after,if its for a draft pick,then id bite the bullet,as that might be the only type of auto for said player available
chris_brown is offline   Reply With Quote