This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCW friends - my favorite way to trade

Chris (Whitney777) , Woody (Schwood) and Jerry (jwgreen) have started something really cool on this site that I would like to keep up. I know this takes a little bit of trust and at sometime I probably will get burned, but I would like to continue to do what they have done.

They sent me (and a few of you as I have seen posted) a bunch of cards of my favorite team/players and I just return the favor when I can. I have tried to Pay it forward and plan to continue to do it. I have plans to send out a package to Roy, Wes, and Gladdy in the next week or two. I am going to include some autographed cards, game used, vintage, and odd ball cards of their favorite teams. At some time in the future, they can return the favor (I like the Phillies and Nationals).

This is the coolest way to trade because you get random surprises. I am almost 40 years old and I don't really need to trade exact book value for exact book value. I would rather get cards of teams or players that I like. As I come across some cool cards from Ebay, Listia, at a card show, etc , I plan to just pick some up and send them to people who I know collect them.

If there are any other collectors out there (who have been on this site for a while - sorry I don't want to risk it with rookies), let me know.

Brett

================================================== ================================================

ucffans :
    Nationals - watch them with my son every February during spring training
    Phillies - favorite team growing up
    Twins - family from there
    Kirby Puckett, Tony Gwynn, Pete Rose, Mike Schmidt (childhood favorites)
    Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles
    Daunte Culpepper (went to college with him)
    John Elway - favorite childhood player
    Peyton Manning - favorite current player
    Local -Minor stars - Rich Poythress (M's), Jack Voigt (O's), Matt Childers (Brewers), Brandon Cumpton (Pirates), Josh Whitaker (A's), Tyler Colvin (Cubs, Rockies),
    Local - Football - Dri Archer (Steelers), Trey Burton (UF-Eagles)

whitney777 :
    Adrian Peterson, Bo Jackson, Calvin Johnson, A.J. Green, Ed O'Neill, Kyrie Irving, Trent Richardson
    All Cleveland teams/players
    Columbus Blue Jackets

gladdyontherise :
    Detroit Tigers
    Dan LeFevour (anything I don't have)
    Draymond Green (anything I don't have)
    Miz and Shawn Michaels (anything I don't have)
    MSU Football/Basketball Alumni (In MSU uniform)

schwood :
    Boston Red Sox, Boston Celtics, Boston Bruins, New England Patriots
    UNH Athletes :
    Dwayne Sabb (NFL - Patriots)
    Jerry Azumah (NFL - Bears)
    David Ball (NFL - Bears)
    Ricky Santos (NFL)
    Dan Krieder (NFL - Steelers, Chiefs)
    Lots in Hockey (Steve Leach, Eric Boguniecki, Jason Krog, James VanRiemsDyk, Andy Brickley, James Winnik, and ton of others)
    NH Natives -
    MLB - Chris Carpenter, Sam Fuld, Phil Plantier, Jeff Locke, Brian Wilson, Mike Flanagan
    NBA - Matt Bonner
    NFL - Kendall Reyes, Greg Landry

jaybarkerfan :
    Jay Barker, Brock Huard
    Arizona Cardinals
    Alabama Crimson Tide Alumni

thebighurt035 :
    Frank Thomas
    Chicago White Sox

ocanseco55 :
    MLB - Rangers, Redsox, D-backs
    NBA - Suns, Rockets
    NFL - Cardinals, Cowboys
    NHL - Dallas Stars, Phoenix Coyotes

azdbacks1998 :
    Baseball: (probably only jrsy's, or newer release base cards needed of Dbacks....between Schwood and Jerry I think I have EVERY base card of these guys up to 2011 and some 2012...lol....Thx again!!)
    Paul Goldschmidt, Justin Upton, Chris Young, Miguel Montero, Ryan Roberts, Steven Drew, Trever Bauer, Geraldo Parra
    Basketball:
    (U of AZ Alum.)
    Andre Iguodala, Richard Jefferson, Mike Bibby, Channing Frye, Chase Budinger, Luke Walton, Michael Dickerson, Derrick Williams,
    Hassan Adams, Jerryd Bayless, Jason Terry, Damon Stoudamire, Salim Stoudamire, Khalid Reeves, Miles Simon
    Steve Kerr (current jrsy/#rd/autos only)
    Others I collect:
    NBA : Rajon Rondo, K. Durant, B. Griffin, K. Garnett, Allen Ray, Ray Allen, R. Wesbrook, Derrick Rose
    Football:
    (AZ Cardinals) Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Roberts, Beanie Wells, Ryan Williams, Patrick Peterson, Early Doucet
    Rob Housler (U of A Alum.)
    Rob Gronkowski(U of A Alum.)

KevAlan :
    texans/astros/hofers
    looking for 2003 bennie joppru auto in texans uni
    titans/texans busts for Michelle-Ann : Jason Gesser, Dave Ragone
    collect/supercollect : russell "russ" springer/david newhan/chris truby/mike coolbaugh
    Ryan Tatusko (Nationals Prospect in 2011 BCP, Donruss EEEE, Panini Limited - all dupes)

bobjah :
    Carolina Panthers

OriolesFan :
    Baltimore Orioles

MichelleAnn :
    Cincinnati Reds
    Tennessee Titans, Pittsburgh Steelers

Negron-23 :
    Yankees and Puerto Rican players are my main interest but I also collect other New York teams.
    Knicks, Giants (NFL), Jets, Mets, Rangers (NHL)

daeldred :
    Current or retired Detroit Tigers, Lions, Red Wings
    Other regional players/teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bears, Packers, Vikings, Yankees, and especially Hall of Famers

cornwellfamily :
    Chicago Bears

Jake:
    current sf giants base/inserts
    rc/g/u of posey/cain/sandoval/bumgarner/belt
    ex-mets mcgraw/grote/strawberry/gooden/seaver/kranepool/harrelson/hojo/etc
    favorite players jeter/mariano rivera/je dimaggio
    cowboy current offensive players only............romo/witten/miles austin/felix jones/dez bryant/demarco murray and new emmitts

Murphy03 :
    Atlanta Braves
    Washington Redskins
    New York Knicks
    Dale Murphy (MLB)
    David Lee (NBA)
    Andy Dalton (NFL)

jarends :
    NY Yankees
    Dallas Cowboys
    Boston Celtics
    Boston Bruins
    HOFers (any sport) Esp. NBA Top 50
    Tony Gwynn
    Mark McGwire

87Hokie
    Virginia Tech Hokies
    Last edited by schwood; 03-25-2015, 09:38 AM.
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Brett's a good trader, also. Contact him with confidence.
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

I agree with both of them. Chris started this all on another site and nobody would give him a shot. I stumbled across his thread and have never regretted it. He's helped my PC grow by leaps and bounds. I try to do the same for him. Brett is a great trader also and I'm glad to see him embrace "the whitney777" plan. Unless I'm trading the Crown Jewels of England, book value really means nothing to me. I'm just here to have fun. Getting random surprises from these 2 guys makes it a lot of fun for me.

I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but I sent out over 50 boxes of freebies last week, with nothing expected in return. I like to help others out and this is the best way for me. Many times I don't receive any acknowledgement or a thanks but that's OK. I know a lot of people are busy or think there's some diabolical underhanded reason as to why I would give something away for free(its not really free it costs me $6 per flat rate box).

So, I encourage everyone to try this. Even if you don't receive something in return or its 3 months from now, you can be proud that you helped a fellow collector.

And for all the collectors out there, when you receive a surprise box from me, give Chris(whitney777) a big shout out and a Thanks!

Comment

we also have several of us that have done this for several years and continue do this in the football section also and it isnt about the bv of cards but rather the fun of collecting your favorite teams.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
        I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

I've been doing it with Woody for probably 2-3 years now? Always fun to be suprised!
          Click banner for tradelist

Dan LeFevour PC 193/283

Comment

My friends, if this is not what trading is all about, then I want out of the hobby altogether. You guys make trading fun, as do other similar traders. I am not one that cares too much on BV, even when I am setting up larger trades. I look for things I don't have and just use the cards I do have and don't want as a mechanism for obtaining. I do say that, but if it is a huge trade for higher end stuff, I do want to get something in...well...the ballpark. But, I honestly have no trouble giving away a nice lot of base/inserts/GU to a good trader to make their day. Or putting together a lot of stuff people can use for a set. Or helping people out if they have a stellar player collection and I have a card in my PC they can use. I dont' really worry too much about it. It is supposed to be about having fun. You guys just keep on keeping on. I believe it all works its way back. And thanks for all the great trading so far. And I look forward to a ton more in the future!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
            Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
            Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
            MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
            NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
            NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
            NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
            I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Holy smokes. I have over 3000 posts on here! I had no idea!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
              MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
              NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
              NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
              I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Originally posted by schwood View Post
                Holy smokes. I have over 3000 posts on here! I had no idea!

Comment

some great guys on here
                  http://photobucket.com/trades_bucket
                  Collecting Panthers and Lots more

Comment

This is awesome!! There are some greats up there on the Mt. Rushmore of giving. Fuser is the all time godfather to me. But there are so many others that carry on this mantra. Woody and Brad also come to mind. Jerry has been a beast as of late. U all have my kudos. Continue the great work of paying it forward!!!

Arizona Cardinals/Alabama Crimson Tide Alumni
                    Josh Willingham 63/1101=5.7%
                    Jay Barker(NFL/NCAA/CFL) 18/25=72%
                    Brock Huard(NFL/NCAA) 115/382=30.10%

Comment

Woody,

I have a dual Bruins gu coming your way. Give me about a week or so and it's yours.
                      Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

p.s.

Thanks for the props fellas. You all are great. Great site. Great people!

Comment

I tell you all what, this is really cool. I love the thread, and I am going to come to it often when I get cards for you guys, and I am going to send em off and let you know something might be on the way to you when I find stuff. That good for you guys? Thanks to y'all it is always fun.

Chris, thanks for thinking of me on the B's card. I have a couple of Browns GU that I socked away for you. Nothing huge, but a couple of things that I will get out to you eventually.

Comment

ALL u guys rock...mentioned AND unmentioned!! ....I love this site!!

By the way green, got the Dbacks lot today...lotsa awesome stuff! Gracias mi Amigo!

Currently looking for:
                            Football: The Gronk!
                            Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
                            Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
                            + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
                            Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
                            http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

This is great,
                              I try to do this whenever I can and seeing so many more here at CCW jumping in is just great.

I received a box and bubble mailer this week from Jerry and Chris and I mailed out a few earlier and have some packages ready to go out soon I hope.

Best way to trade,keep up the great work everyone!
                              Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Working...
                              X