Question: Drew Brees (or Saints in general) TTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Drew Brees (or Saints in general) TTM

So back in 2011, before the season started, the Saints went to Point Mugu Navy Base and the entire team (I think) was available to sign autographs. I brought a football with me and got as many sigs as I could, but I missed at least 1 key sig.

The guy running the event strongly suggested that because so many people want Drew Brees' autograph that it would be wise to get as many autographs you could from all the other guys first - so I did. After not too long getting everyone else's sig, I got in line for Brees (it was still long - just as long as it was when the event started). By the time I was about the 10th person in line to get Brees' sig, they ended the event and I couldn't get it. Brees stayed longer than all the other players, so I can't blame him. He was really cool.

Anyway, without Brees' sig, the ball feels like its missing something. I'd really like to send the ball to the Saints to get his sig. Does anyone have any information about how to do that? Is there any kind of protocol I should follow when I send it? I've never done TTM before. I feel like if I explain what happened, I'm more likely to get the ball signed.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Josh
    Last edited by sickmantz; 08-01-2013, 10:05 PM.
    My Photobucket (Trade/Sell):
    http://s1245.beta.photobucket.com/us...de%20or%20Sale

Collecting:
    Baseball HOF Autos & Patches (no jerseys, unless old)
    Griffey RCs, Autos, & Patches + RCs, Autos, & Patches for Other Future HOFers.
    Higher end top prospect cards.
    Will consider vintage cards of well known players

It would be very risky to send a ball TTM. Here is my suggest: Write to his foundation. Include a SASE (so it will cost you 92 cents total. Ask if he would be willing to sign a ball if you made a donation to his charity. You could probably address the letter to anyone at the foundation and see if he might sign for a $25 donation.

He is a decent TTM signer for being a superstar. He has about 60% return rate.

Here is the address for his foundation: Brees Dream Foundation 1360 E. 9th Street, Suite 100 Cleveland, OH 44114-1730
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Thanks a lot for this. Is there a particular time of year when it's pointless to send stuff? Or on the flip side, a time of year when it's best to send stuff?

Collecting:

Comment

I misread your suggestion a little. I'll send a letter asap. If I hear back, I'll let you know.

Collecting:

Comment

Originally posted by sickmantz View Post
          Thanks a lot for this. Is there a particular time of year when it's pointless to send stuff? Or on the flip side, a time of year when it's best to send stuff?

Since this address is in Ohio, during the season probably isn't the best time to send it.
          Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
          Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
          Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Got the ball back!!!!

Collecting:

Comment

That's awesome!
              Congrats!
              Currently looking for:
              Football: The Gronk!
              Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
              Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
              + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
              Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
              http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

WOW! WOW! WOW! that is an awesome piece for a collection, and for anyone from the Gulf, I imagine it's tough to find a bad word to see about Brees.
                “We got a long ways to go.”-Deuce McCallister

LSU grad and Aaron Brooks + era Saints fan...Collector of all interesting and odd cards Saints and LSU related. I shoot for any LSU/Saints Autos and Relic cards that I don't have one of yet, and am attempting to build a collection of every saints draft pick rookie ever, additionally certain /25 card sets and Topps Chrome Rainbows, of the man himself, Sir Drew Brees.

Comment

Working...
                X