Schwood's Red Sox Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schwood's Red Sox Collection

I figured I could post up my Red Sox collection here.

Who/What do you collect?
    I collect anything and everything of the Red Sox. From base to Autos. Vintage to current. Anything of the player in the Sox uni or in their minor league uni. Nothing of guys in other unis though. As long as they are pictured in the Sox or affiliates unis, I want it!

Why do you collect this?
    I would say because I am a homer. But, that is only part of it. I am obviously a huge Red Sox fan. But, I have been collecting for a long time now. I have a ton of cards in my collection. I love the team and I love the history behind the team. All of the old time players like Ted Williams and the players from the 70s and 80s. Like Rice and Lynn and Dewey were just awesome! I loved watching those guys play. What an outfield. And then onto the newer crop of players. Like Youk, Papi, Pedroia and Buchholz and Lester. Just can't seem to get enough of it! It is a lot of fun to collect these guys and it is a real challenge sometimes. With the cost of cards, and the demand for all of these guys being so high. But, it all about the hobby for me, and I don't demand the high dollar cards always. I just love to collect stuff!

Why your collection is 'Super'?
    It is friggin HUGE! I have so much stuff, honestly, I don't even know all I have. I have all of the GU and Autos pictured in my bucket. I have stuff from the 50s (not a ton) all the way up through current stuff. Autos of Yaz. GU of all sorts of guys. Autos of guys you probably never even heard of. Vintage Williams and Yaz. Honestly I have stuff of guys I haven't even heard of. My collection is enormous! I have 10 3000 ct boxes of strictly base and inserts, and almost don't have room to store it all!

A handful of highlights of your collection.
    I will just highlight my collection by including a few scans of a few of my favorite cards...

Mike Lowell Triple Threads

Yaz GU/Auto

Jim Rice GU/Auto

Jon Lester Bowman Chrome Blue Refractor Auto

Ellsbury Bowman Sterling GU/Auto Rookie

A few card scans of pictures of your collection.
    Here are two scans of most of my Red Sox garb...

Link to my photobucket
    This is always being updated. But, there is a TON here...
    http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/h...NFT/Red%20Sox/
    Last edited by schwood; 03-14-2011, 10:25 AM.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
    Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
    Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
    MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
    NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
    NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
    NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
    I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Very very nice collection!!! I think the Lowell card is my favorite looking card out of the ones you scanned.

Comment

A very nice collection of BOSTON teams.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
      Baseball HOFers Autos I need
      Orioles Autos I need
      Baseball HOFers GU I need
      Orioles GU I need
      Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
      However other offers will be considered

Comment

awsome PC Collection Buddy AWSOME.
        Collecting CLEVELAND BROWNS,BRUINS,nascar
        Collecting Cleveland Browns.

Comment

One of mine too...

Originally posted by key2win View Post
          Very very nice collection!!! I think the Lowell card is my favorite looking card out of the ones you scanned.
          Yeah, I absolutely love that card. His stuff is so hard to find. And a nice Auto and low numbered!

But, the Lester Blue I got from Gladdy, so that moved right up there too!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
          MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
          NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
          NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
          I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Thanks...

Originally posted by OriolesFan View Post
            A very nice collection of BOSTON teams.
            Thanks bud. And thanks for the look!

Comment

Thank you...

Originally posted by jonsportscardz View Post
              awsome PC Collection Buddy AWSOME.
              THanks bud. And hopefully, my Bruins collection will be up there with my Sox collection some day as well!

Comment

Originally posted by schwood View Post
                THanks bud. And hopefully, my Bruins collection will be up there with my Sox collection some day as well!
                I am sure it will Take care
                Collecting CLEVELAND BROWNS,BRUINS,nascar
                Collecting Cleveland Browns.

Comment

Very sweet collection. Looking forward to trading that '11 Drew Relic. I'd love to have one of my former cards in this PC. Great stuff!!
                  Check out my bucket

Collect: Andre Ethier | Rafael Furcal | Ryan Braun

Soft Sleeve
                  Toploader
                  Padded Envelope (In black sharpie: Do NOT Bend on Envelope)

Happy trading!

Comment

Me too bud...

Originally posted by CLG View Post
                    Very sweet collection. Looking forward to trading that '11 Drew Relic. I'd love to have one of my former cards in this PC. Great stuff!!
                    I would love to have it in my PC. I think I sent you a PM. LMK when you get a chance. Thanks.

Comment

do u need a dice-k spx rookie auto?
                      http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Well....

Originally posted by tndcollectables View Post
                        do u need a dice-k spx rookie auto?
                        I absolutely could. And I wish I could say to you 'I can give you this for it', but there isn't anything I would have that would even come close bud. And honestly, he has sort of fallen out of my best favor. And his stuff is soooooo expensive. And have no capability to buy anything for a while. Sorry bud. Wish I had something for ya, but I really don't.

Comment

Originally posted by schwood View Post
                          I absolutely could. And I wish I could say to you 'I can give you this for it', but there isn't anything I would have that would even come close bud. And honestly, he has sort of fallen out of my best favor. And his stuff is soooooo expensive. And have no capability to buy anything for a while. Sorry bud. Wish I had something for ya, but I really don't.

thats alright i will probably still have it when ur ready. its not scanned in so when ur ready let me know and i will scan it.
                          http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Awesome collection and do you have a dbase or excel spreadsheet of available Red Sox cards? I am starting to put together my Red Sox, Bruins collection to go along with my Avalanche (hockey) catalog. Need a excel of the red Sox. Working on a Bruins one.

Once again awesome collection.

Comment

Unforunately no...

Originally posted by avsbruins65 View Post
                              Awesome collection and do you have a dbase or excel spreadsheet of available Red Sox cards? I am starting to put together my Red Sox, Bruins collection to go along with my Avalanche (hockey) catalog. Need a excel of the red Sox. Working on a Bruins one.

Once again awesome collection.
                              Honestly, I jsut don't have the time to do it. I have all my GU and Autos scanned, but the base and inserts and such are just way too many for me to make an attempt to list. I do however have a huge amount of dupes I am sure. I just would never be able to get you a list. It woudl take me years to list it all out honestly.

Thanks for the comments. Do you have a bucket of your PC?

Comment

Working...
                              X