Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At a crossroads and need your opinions

Hello All-

I have been a Georgia resident for all of my 40+ years and have been a loyal Braves fan well before they started having more than 4,000 people in the stands... so much so that my dad and I could go to a game, buy upper level seats and sit 5 rows back off of third base....then a line drive goes foul into the left field foul ball area and my dad would say that I could go and get it then or wait until the inning was over... HAHA

Anyways, my pickle...

I am looking to take my wife home to Fort Wayne, Indiana and find employment in the Indy/Fort Wayne area. I grew up with my Dad taking me to at least 2-3 games each year and want to do the same for my son who is 4. I would also hit the local Class A affiliate for as many as possible.

I have looked at maps and distance indicators and seen that Detroit, Cincinnati, Cleveland and Chicago are the closest. Fort Wayne has a Class A team for the Padres as well.

I am torn to keep collecting my Braves and see them when they come to Chicago or Cincinnati or to take up the Padres so that we can follow the rookies up to the major leagues and then see a major league game when San Diego comes east as well.

It would be starting over in a sense, but that is also the fun of collecting in my opinion. I would be collecting older cards as I do not have the $$ to put a bunch into new cards as I am saving for the move... but I have a couple of hundred thousand to trade and get hopefully what I would want to get started.

Would really appreciate any of you that are willing to weigh in as I am truly up in the air as to what to do...

SGC
    Long Time Collector of Braves, now adding Padres to the mix.

Please contact me with any Padres cards that you are wanting to trade and lets put a trade together!!

If the Braves are your favorite team,why the need to change just because you're moving? My brother moved from here in central NY to Georgia 6 years ago and is still a die hard Mets fan just like my other brother who has been an Orioles fan since the late 60s. Just because we're in NY doesn't mean we have to be another annoying Yankees fan. We have enough of them here already lol.

You can also look at it this way.......

How much in demand would Braves cards be in Indiana? Not so much so you can expand your current collection at a fraction of what it would cost in GA. It would be a big advantage for you.
    Only trade for PC and wants and tradepage are in the link below:

https://sites.google.com/site/brettssportscardpage/

Comment

Good points.... I think I am going to move to collect both Padres and Braves. You are correct about the costs of building my collection there, but I do so much of my trading and buying online and on trading boards etc that very little is left for the card shops locally.

Please contact me with any Padres cards that you are wanting to trade and lets put a trade together!!

Comment

I'm originally from Missouri and my favorite team for my 45 years has been the St. Louis Cardinals. I moved to Arkansas almost 5 years ago, but that hasn't changed me from being a Cardinals fan. A lot of people here lean toward the Texas teams but not me! There's an Angels AA team in Little Rock but I only go when the Springfield Cardinals are there! I'm still a Pujols fan(look at my signature) but hate the Angels.

I think you should leave it up to your son to figure out who his favorite team is and who he wants to collect. His choice at surprise you.

Comment

I will certainly let him make his choice, I just plan to have the deck stacked in my favor to make it an easy choice I am studying a couple of the minor league sites for the Padres as I have read up on the Braves for years on end... I really appreciate your insights as it helps me stay loyal. I am a little apprehensive about the move as it is to make the wife happy in taking her back home. I truly think that Foxworthy said it best when he said "if Mama ain't happy, then nobody's happy" and she has not been happy for some time even though she moved down here on her own before I was ever in the picture. I think opening it up to two teams now will be a lot of fun, and the Padres are pretty darn cheap compared to the Braves.

Comment

Working...
          X