Flea Market Finds #111: Buffet of Board Games, Bobbles, and Baseball Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flea Market Finds #111: Buffet of Board Games, Bobbles, and Baseball Cards

Last weekend, my buddy Mike came into town for the San Jose Earthquakesgame... so we decided to make the most of it and hang out at the De Anza Flea Market on Saturday and the Capitol Flea Market on Sunday.

Both of us were pretty impressed with the quality of stuff the vendors brought out on Saturday. I ended up spending over$50 there and had to make a couple of trips to the car to drop stuff off.

Purchase #1: Vintage Sports Board Games$3

I kicked things off with this purchase of three vintage board games:

None of them are complete, but for a buck a piece... I was willing to pick them up. I'm planning on trying to flip them at either this month's card show or at a future flea market to help fund my hobby expenses.

Purchase #2: 1974 Ceramic Football Statue$3

I normally avoid making these kinds of purchases. I don't really have a statue collection and prefer to spend my money on bobble heads. However... this statue caught my eye. I like the vintage vibe it gives off. It may end up being a Flea Market Flipitem... but for now it sits on my office bookshelf collecting dust.

Purchase #3: Autographed Baseball Cards$10

Back in the 80's I had the opportunity to meet Will Clark, so I had him sign my 1986 Topps Tradedcard of him. Since then... I have loved the look of these cards when they're signed. I'm closing in on having twenty different signatures from this set. I'll show them off sometime in a future post.

Purchase #4: Riddell Mini Helmets$35

I've been wanting to pick up these two helmets for my office bookshelf, but the guy who carries these never has the Seahawksin stock. He finally did, so I swooped in and grabbed the pair.

Purchase #5: 1998 Kenner SLU's$5

It's simple. One dollar SLU's rule and will be added to my collection.

Purchase #6: Refractors$1

Again. It's simple. Cheap refractors are really cool and will be added to my collection.

Purchase #7: San Jose Earthquakes Bobble Heads $2

Let's try this one more time. It's simple. One dollar bobbleheads of San Jose Earthquakes are totally awesome and will always be added to my collection.

Well that's this week's flea market wrap up. I'm not 100%sure I'll head out to the Capitol Flea Marketnext weekend. I might sleep in and watch the Packers'game. If I change my mind, you'll be the first to know.

Happy Tuesday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X