Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You go for cards... You come back with Olympic baseball medal !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You go for cards... You come back with Olympic baseball medal !!!

Hi guys,

Here's my last pickup......and the story, a fun one...

Contacted a lady, she told me she had Expos souvenirs (signed cards), so we got together and what I found, I was speechless...

Her son played pro baseball, Emmanuel Garcia for the N.Y. Mets. He was diagnosed with cancer and called it quits afterwards. But in the 2008 to 2012 area he was in the NY farm team system....I guess you know the rest.

The collections holds like 30 game used bat with Daniel Murphy's, David Wright and Carlos Beltran to name a few. Major league NY pants but don't know who from, signed cards, bats(30+), oddballs, genuine Mlb caps and minor leaguers too

But I was more impressed with the Olympic collection. In 2008 Emmanuel Garcia was in the Beijing Olympic roster. So an Olympic autographed bat and a hitters helmet also team signed with the Olympic medal is awesome. Also a fun story, the cowboy hat was a trade with Rafael Nadal (2012 July « From the Corner of Edgar & Dave). *So the Olympic collection holds 2 hitters hat, a bat, medal, Olympic shoes, hitter's gloves, pins, bag....

Signed helmet and bat autographed roster.....

Adam Stern Baltimore Orioles, Matt Rogelstad Washington Nationals, Stubby Clapp Houston Astros (coach), Brett Lawrie Milwaukee Brewers, Emmanuel Garcia New York Mets, Emerson Frostad Texas Rangers, Ryan Radmanovich Somerset Patriots
    Mike Saunders Seattle Mariners, T.J. Burton Cleveland Indians, Dave Davidson Pittsburgh Pirates, Mike Johnson La New Bears, Jon Lockwood
    David Corrente Toronto Blue Jays, Jimmy Van Ostrand Houston Astros, Chris Robinson Chicago Cubs, James Avery Cincinnati Reds, Brooks McNiven San Francisco Giants, Nick Weglarz Cleveland Indians, Chris Reitsma, Chris Begg San Francisco Giants, Rheal Cormier, Steve Green Philadelphia Phillies, Scott Thorman Atlanta Braves, R.J. Swindle Philadelphia Phillies, Terry Puhl Coach, Rob Ducey Coach 36, Denis Boucher Coach 10, Greg Hamilton

Personal friends of Pedro Martinez, I have a lot of signed balls from him also and personal family photos with Pedro....another nice collection for me....

A bag must have 30 major league balls...I saw 1 from a all star game for sure.

Now, we all know that Gary Carter was Emmanuel Garcia's coach and the story with Garcia's cancer and the passing of Mr. Carter makes this bat a very special item.

I will sort everything and keep you guys in the loop..I am meeting Emmanuel Garcia next week for a photo session and to get the full story on the items in the collection....wooooooohoooo

Thank*

Working...
X