Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burning Calories and the Sunday Sort

I'm exhausted.

If you've ever spent eight hours standing around at a card show digging through boxes of cards... then you might understand how I feel. Unfortunately the two non-collectors I tried to explain myself to had zero sympathy for my lack of energy.

Oh well. Hopefully you guys will be more understanding than them.

Today's post will be short, because I need to get my lesson plans in order and if I have time... continue organizing my card show haul:

Overall, i'd say the show was pretty awesome. I got to hang out with my collector buddies that includes Brady over at St. Louis Cardinals' Cardboard and Mr. Haverkamp who reads and supports many of our card blogs. I also had the opportunity to finally meet a few guys I follow on YouTube which was really cool.

In terms of card purchases, I spent the majority of my money with the COMCguy who had a pretty awesome dime and dollar boxes.

Over the next few days, I'll be sifting through my purchases, organizing them, scanning some singles, and then either sorting them into their proper collections, putting them into my tradebait box, or adding them to care packages.

One of the things I was was excited about was finally finishing off my 1980 Topps 5x7 Superstarsset with these two cards:

Unfortunately... both of these were the white back versions, while the rest of my set are brown backs. But at this juncture, I'm just glad to cross this set off of my list.

I'm also one card closer to completing my 1986 Donruss and 2016 Topps Archivessets:

The Canseco set me back 75ยข, while the other three were discovered in dime bins.

I also picked up five more Fleer box sets from the 80's and 90's:

That brings me five steps closer to completing my Fleer Box Set Project:

For those who may be unfamiliar with these... they were 44card sets produced by Fleer for different stores like 7-11 and Woolworth. A few months ago, I decided to collect the 34different sets I was able to find on the internet. So far, I've picked up twelve, so I'm over a third of the way.

Well... that's it for today. I'm still working on the care packages. Now that I've purchased some cards at the show, I'm just waiting on one more eBay purchase to come in and then I'll get them shipped out.

Until then...

Happy Sunday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X