A Pleasant Surprise From My Past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Pleasant Surprise From My Past

Once upon a time, basketball was my favorite sport to play. It was my favorite sport to watch on television. And it was my favorite sport to collect.

But things change. People change. I changed.

These days... I rarely pick up a basketball and I never watch any NBAgames (except when I attend the occasional Warriorsgame). As for collecting... I'll pick up a basketball card every now and then.. but only if the price is right. It's pretty safe to say that basketball is my least favorite sport to collect.

However I recently took a trip down to Vegas to hang out at my parent's place. And while I was there... I decided to spend an afternoon flipping through my collection and scanning a bunch of cards for future posts. Among them were a handful that I had completely forgotten about... including three autographs of this year's MVP... Mr. Kevin Durant:

2007/08 UD Premier Exclusivity Auto #EXKD

Durant has been a star since he arrived on the scene seven seasons ago. He's already four time scoring champion, five time all-star, and one of the most popular players in the league.

2007/08 UD Artifacts "Autofacts" #AFDU

Which brings up the question... how the heck did I let these cards slip from my memory? Heck... I'm not even sure how I acquired them. Did I pull them from packs? Buy them? Trade for them?

2007/08 SPx "Super Scripts" #KD

I guess all that really matters is that I now know about them. And after a quick look on eBay... it's good to know that I have a few extra dollars if I ever need it. They're easily three of the higher end cards in my collection.

Today's question of the day...

What are some cool, forgotten cards you've stumbled across in your collection?

Happy Wednesday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

I found a Magic Bird rookie card from 1980/81. Problem was that me niece separated the cards.
    I was upset for awhile but then realized that I bought these cards at a small mom and pop store for 15 cents a pack in the mid 80's.
    --Jeff

Comment

Working...
    X