Opinions on Card Condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Card Condition

Hello fellow sports card fans. I am new to this site, this being my first post, but I am hoping some of you will be able to provide me with some of your personal opinions. I am a huge Toronto Raptors fan and have been trying to buy all of Kyle Lowry's 2013-14 Panini Flawless basketball patch auto cards. Recently one of the gold variations has popped up on eBay and after speaking with the seller he offered me a pretty solid deal. While inspecting the photos of the card I noticed a white spot of the gold foil surrounding the patch. I have no plans on ever selling the card, but just for peace of mind I would like to know how much you think this ding would devalue the card and if you yourselves would still purchase it. Any feedback is greatly appreciated, cheers!
    Attached Files

Based on the uniqueness of the card - even submitting it back to Panini could result in a different swatch being in the card...

IMO - the chips shown may be a fairly common (though undesirable) problem with the diecutting of the cards - because the "frame" of the jersey has points these kind of become a "target" for snags both in packaging at the factory and by a collector putting one in sleeves or pages.

That being said being a White uniform swatch with a chip showing white could be a point in your favor as far as less noticeable.

Since you are pursuing all variations - if I was pursuing the same goal I would likely "have to have it" would I mention the flaw to the seller - sure - would I let is break the deal - probably not.
    -Le - ledizaster@gmail.com
    sigpic
    I collect Former Va Tech Players in all sports.

Football - Antone Exum, Kyle Fuller, Corey Fuller, Logan Thomas, Bruce Smith, Michael Vick, David Wilson, Antonio Freeman, Victor Harris, Brandon Flowers, Eddie Royal etc

Baseball - Mike Williams, Franklin Stubbs, Jesse Hahn, Joe Saunders, Brad Clontz, Kevin Barker, Wyatt Toregas - Major or Minor Leaguers!

http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/87hokie/library/

Comment

Working...
    X