Help! Issue with Panini redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Issue with Panini redemption

Hi guys, first post here and I was wondering if the board could help me with an issue I'm having with a Panini redemption.

I bought a 13-14 Panini Intrigue draft pick redemption (#2, Jabari Parker) on Ebay and redeemed the code on 3/1/15. The card arrived a couple of weeks ago, and it's not in good condition -- there is a printing error that caused a red streak across the armpits and neck of the main photograph. It looks like Jabari has horrible psoriasis. It's really bad looking.

I requested a damaged card replacement but Panini is denying my claim, saying that since the Intrigue set was released in April 2014, the card is now past the 1-year date for them to replace factory errors.

I think this is unfair. They are accepting redemption requests for the card until this December, so it's not like they are out. The card itself couldn't have been made until after the Bucks drafted Parker, so that would have been June, less than one year ago. My inital redemption request was in March, which was before the 1 year date or original issue. It's not like I'm trying to replace a card from a retail pack that might have been handled badly at the store, it came directly from their warehouse. A Panini employee had to look at the card when taping closed the holder and putting it into the envelope to send to me, and decided to send this lousy looking card.

Full disclosure -- I did buy the redemption card off of EBay. But I bought it to give the redeemed card to my son, not to try and re-sell it. It's not presentable like this, and it's embarrassing to think I spent $50-$60 for it.

I want to pursue a replacement card further, but Panini's email support isn't willing to give me any more than a 1-sentence "no" response to my requests. Calls to the company always go to voice mail. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I could further pursue a replacement?

Thanks for the advice.

Have you tried calling them during different hours?

Maybe try their Panini The Knight's Lance Blog website or facebook page to see if you get a response from Tracy Hackler or someone.

Comment

Working...
    X