*Contest Box* 2011 Topps Finest Football Box Break & Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Contest Box* 2011 Topps Finest Football Box Break & Review

Yesterday, I received the box of 2011 Topps Finest Football that I won from the recent contest hosted by these forums, so I wanted to post the results of the box break and give a quick review of the product.

First, some background.

Each Box comes with 2 mini boxes.
    Each mini box comes with 6 packs at 5 cards per pack.
    Each mini box is guaranteed to contain a sequentially numbered Autographed Jumbo Relic or an Autographed Rookie Patch Card.
    Each pack has one parallel or insert card.

And now for the results of the box break:

Highlights of Base Non-rookie Cards (31 of 60 total cards) -

Jason Witten, Larry Fitzgerald, Antonio Gates, Peyton Manning, Arian Foster, Jermichael Finley, Darren McFadden

Non-rookie Refractors (3 of 60) -

Jonathan Stewart, Mike Tolbert, Terrell Owens

Non-rookie X-fractors (4 of 60) -

Sidney Rice, Wes Welker, Mike Wallace, Cedric Benson

Non-rookie Inserts (Finest Moments) (2 of 60) -

Thomas Jones, Adrian Peterson

Rookie Base Cards (15 of 60) -

Ryan Mallett, Christian Ponder, Jon Baldwin (x2), Kendall Hunter, Blaine Gabbert, Cam Newton, Ryan Williams, Colin Kaepernick, Marcell Dareus, Randall Cobb, Jake Locker, Delone Carter, Jordan Todman, Andy Dalton

Rookie Refractors (1 of 60) -

Von Miller

Atomic Rookies (2 of 60) -

Christian Ponder, Prince Amakamara

AND NOW FOR THE HITS!!

Jordan Todman Autographed Jumbo Relic Base Redemption Card

Jacquizz Rodgers Autographed Rookie Patch Base #/599

Box Break & Product Review:

Overall, I like the look of the cards. The colors, designs, shine, and pictures are pretty solid. The collation of the cards was pretty good, as I only got one duplicate.

However, I was pretty disappointed with the actual cards I got. I like that I covered most of the rookie Quarterbacks, and the fact that the Jacquizz Auto/Patch card has a 3-color patch, but aside from that, there wasn't a whole lot to get excited about.

Other than the two auto cards, the rookie refractors and inserts are not serial numbered, and only the veteran x-fractor cards are, which is disappointing. Also disappointing was getting a redemption card for a player I've never heard of.

As a free box, of course I give this set 5 out of 5 stars, but if I had paid for the box, I'd give this set 3 out of 5 stars. It has potential, and it definitely has a nice checklist (I recognized every veteran and most of the rookies), but if most boxes are like the one I got, I would probably not buy any.

All that said, I'd like to give a big THANK YOU to Cardboard Connection for having the contest and providing me with the free box. I enjoyed cracking it open.
    My Photobucket (Trade/Sell):
    http://s1245.beta.photobucket.com/us...de%20or%20Sale

Collecting:
    Baseball HOF Autos & Patches (no jerseys, unless old)
    Griffey RCs, Autos, & Patches + RCs, Autos, & Patches for Other Future HOFers.
    Higher end top prospect cards.
    Will consider vintage cards of well known players

Congrats on the free box and nice cards!
    "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Thanks for sharing the results and your review.

Comment

Congrats bud. I think both of those Autos should trade well bud. Very cool.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
        Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
        Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
        MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
        NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
        NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
        NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
        I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Nice break... Got a scan of the hits?
          Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
          Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
          Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
          Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Congrats bud. I think both of those Autos should trade well bud. Very cool.
            I haven't really gotten into trading cards, but it's something I'll have to try soon.

Nice break... Got a scan of the hits?
            Unfortunately, I don't know how to post pictures that aren't hosted by another site.
            My Photobucket (Trade/Sell):
            http://s1245.beta.photobucket.com/us...de%20or%20Sale

Collecting:
            Baseball HOF Autos & Patches (no jerseys, unless old)
            Griffey RCs, Autos, & Patches + RCs, Autos, & Patches for Other Future HOFers.
            Higher end top prospect cards.
            Will consider vintage cards of well known players

Comment

Working...
            X