Saturday Night Five: NFL Hopes and Prayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Night Five: NFL Hopes and Prayers

I'm definitely ready for some football. Oh... I'll still follow along to see if the Athletics finish with the worst record in the American League. And of course I'm still crossing my fingers that one of the Padresstarters will finally throw a no-hitter. With that being said... it's been a long baseball season and I'm ready for some Dave Dameshek, Carrie Underwood, and some NFLaction.

Unlike baseball... both of my football teams are projected to make the playoffs... which is a nice change of scenery. So my expectations are running high. So tonight I figured I'd share five of my NFL hopes and prayers.

#1: I hope one of my teams make it to the Super Bowl.

2012 Topps #157 and 2014 Topps 1963 Mini #300

I figured I'd get the obvious out of the way. I'm not as confident as some of those football experts out there. Kam Chancellor'sholdout won't help the Hawks' nearly impossible task of going back a third straightSuper Bowl. And I'm still not confident that Green Bay'sdefense is good enough to win a championship. But that doesn't mean I'm not praying.

#2: I hope Amari Cooper is this year's ODB.

Borrowed from Google Images

Two reasons. First... I drafted him in main fantasy football league. And secondly... I'm silently rooting for the Oakland Raiders this year. They've sucked for so long and I really want them to have a better record than the 49ers.

#3: I hope Eddie Lacy wins the NFL rushing title.

2013 Panini Prizm HRX Rookies #12

It's been fifty-three years since a Green Bay Packer has won the rushing title. Since then... their NFC Northrivals have won a combined total of nine: Gale Sayers (1966 and 1969), Walter Payton (1977), Barry Sanders (1990, 1994, 1996, and 1997), and Adrian Peterson (2008 and 2012)

#4: I hope Russell Wilson surpasses the 4,000 passing yards and 30 touchdown passes benchmark.

2014 Chrome Blue Wave Refractor #102

He has a new contract. He has two new targets (Jimmy Graham and Tyler Lockett). And he has motivation to forget the interception that crushed their Super Bowldreams. Whether or not he actually accomplishes these feats... I'll still love this guy. He's a leader both on the Hawks and the Seattlecommunity... and seems to be one of the good guys.

#5: I hope the Green Bay Packers have a better regular season record than the Detroit Lions.

2005 Bazooka Clear Cling Stickers #12

Each year I have a standing bet with one of my buddies. Packers/Lions. The better record wins.$200 is on the line. All bets are off if there's a tie.

Okay football fans...

What are your hopes and prayers for this season?

And...

Do you think any of my hopes and prayers will come true?

Happy Saturday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

I hope the vikes take the NFC North ;-)
    Obviously being a Vikings fan we are used to hearing the toilet flush and the season goes down the drain!
    Can't help but to bleed the purple and gold tho.

I also believe your super bowl prediction is spot on.
    Collecting:
    Cris Carter
    Tyler Starr

Minnesota Vikings
    Minnesota Gophers
    Missouri Tigers (in uniform)

Comment

The Vikings have definitely done well so far. It should be a close race in the North.

Originally posted by Banck21 View Post
      I hope the vikes take the NFC North ;-)
      Obviously being a Vikings fan we are used to hearing the toilet flush and the season goes down the drain!
      Can't help but to bleed the purple and gold tho.

I also believe your super bowl prediction is spot on.
      Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X