The Good, the Really Bad, and the Pirate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Good, the Really Bad, and the Pirate

Today sucked. Sucked real bad. But let's kick this post off on a positive note.

The Good:

The NFLseason has arrived and both of my teams are projected to be contenders by most people. Obviously an injury or two could change that in a heartbeat, but for now the Hawks and Packers provide much more hope than the Athletics or Padres.

During the offseason, I picked up autographed rookie cards of my two favorite wide receivers from childhood. I've actually picked up a few other signed and slabbed rookie cards, but these are the only two football players.

The Bad:

This morning I threw my laptop into my trunk, along with a big bottle of water. When I arrived at work, I discovered the container had a leak. A few notebooks and a jacket soaked up most of the water, but I noticed that my work laptop was slightly wet.

At first I didn't think it was that big of a deal, because it looked like someone poured water into their hand and splashed the outside of my computer. The keyboard and screen were completely dry. I wiped off my laptop and started it up. Everything was fine for about ten minutes. Then I received an error message regarding one of my USB ports. A minute later... the computer shut down.

I ran down to Safeway during my prep period and purchased some rice, which is supposed to absorb the moisture. Hopefully it'll be okay. Not exactly sure about our district policy, but I'm hoping that I don't need to reimburse them $1,500 for the computer.

The Ugly:

Here's the mug shot that's being used on my school ID card as well as my faculty yearbook photo. It's not my best angle... but at least it'll help the students remember me.

Happy Thursday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X