It's In the Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's In the Cards

Back in October, I let my collection predict the outcome of the World Series. This time around, I figure I'd let this 2015 Panini Rookies and Starsblaster box I picked up at the flea market awhile back do the talking.

However before I begin ripping packs, let's establish the rules and guidelines.

8 points = A "hit" from any of the 4 playoff teams
    7 points = An insert, parallel, or starting QB from the 4 playoff teams
    3 points = A Pro Bowler from the 4 playoff teams
    2x conversion = 2 or more cards from the same team = double the points
    1 point = A common base card from the 4 playoff teams

It's pretty simple. The team who has the most points will go on to win the Super Bowl. Let get's this pack bustin' party started...

Pack #1:

No points awarded since no teams were represented. This pack was highlighted by the Stefon Diggsdie-cut insert along with his base rookie card.

Atlanta Falcons: 0
    Green Bay Packers: 0
    New England Patriots: 0
    Pittsburgh Steelers: 0

Pack #2:

The Steelers are the first to score with a base card of Bud Dupree. It was a tough decision, but my favorite card has to be the die-cut ODB insert. Thank youMr. Beckham for taking your trip to South Beach and dropping that catch in the end zone. The two issues may not be related, but neither of these things helped your team either.

Pittsburgh Steelers: 1

Pack #3:

Another shutout. No points awarded. Although I can't wait to see what Ajayi'sfuture has in store.

Pack #4:

The Patriotsscore and tie things up. Only three packs remaining and neither of the NFCteams have a point on the board. Nothing too special in this pack, although the Carrinsert is pretty cool. One of my students will appreciate that.

New England Patriots: 1

Pack #5:

I figured a startingQB or an insert would make the difference and it happened to be a combination of the two. I should give the Packers a charity point since Matthews makes a guest appearance.

New England Patriots: 8

It's going to be tough for any of the three remaining teams to bounce back, but there's only one way to find out.

Pack #6:

Wow. Don't call it a comeback. The Steelers earn one point for James, seven points from Coates, but since they came out of the same pack they earn the 2xpoint conversion. 16points!

New England Patriots: 8
    Pittsburgh Steelers: 17

Looks like only a miracle can prevent the Steelers from becoming Super Bowl LI Champions.

Pack #7:

As usual... Mr. Brady didn't go down without a fight. He added another 7 points to the scoreboard late in the game, but too little too late.

New England Patriots: 15
    Pittsburgh Steelers: 17

The Lionsmanufactured patch didn't help anyone, so a huge congratulations goes out to Pittsburghfans.

The final score was close, but according to the blaster box, the Steelers will go on to win the Super Bowl. If you weren't sure where to place your money, now you know.

What do you think? Did the cards get it right?

I'm hoping that their prediction is wrong and Aaron Rodgers and the Packers go on to win their fifthSuper Bowl Championship, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Steelers find a way to get the job done again.

Happy Sunday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

That was great! Thanks.
    What I'm looking for.
    Any Dallas Cowboys Post Football Cards. (I think they only made 1962)
    1961 Fleer Dallas Cowboys
    1964 Philadelphia Dallas Cowboys
    1965 Philadelphia Dallas Cowboys
    1966 Philadelphia Dallas Cowboys
    1967 Philadelphia Dallas Cowboys
    Game Used, Auto's, inserts and commons of all Cowboys.

***2003 Tony Romo Playoff Contenders***

http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/Un...e%20Used%20etc

Comment

Working...
    X