Question for collectors of autographed cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for collectors of autographed cards

Is a autograph that runs off of a sticker considered less desirable to you ? If you ended up with one from say Ebay where a stock photo is posted and multiple cards are available would you ask for a return and refund ? Just wondering others opinions

I think that if the stock photo showed the auto completely within the borders of the sticker - then yes I would try to get it exchanged.

There are some player autos that I have seen that have letter tops clipped due to the flair of the signer.

To answer your question - Clipped autos are not necessarily less desirable to me. But I would tend to look at other autos by the same person to judge the availability of non-clipped examples.

Let's face it signing stickers on a sheet or a roll has got to be more tedious than signing a stack of cards...little stickers, big hands and avoiding smearing of autos - - - just the thought makes my hands cramp.
    Last edited by 87hokie; 04-03-2017, 07:12 AM. Reason: spelling error
    -Le - ledizaster@gmail.com
    sigpic
    I collect Former Va Tech Players in all sports.

Football - Antone Exum, Kyle Fuller, Corey Fuller, Logan Thomas, Bruce Smith, Michael Vick, David Wilson, Antonio Freeman, Victor Harris, Brandon Flowers, Eddie Royal etc

Baseball - Mike Williams, Franklin Stubbs, Jesse Hahn, Joe Saunders, Brad Clontz, Kevin Barker, Wyatt Toregas - Major or Minor Leaguers!

http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/87hokie/library/

Comment

^^^ I agree with Le
      Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
      Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
      Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Originally posted by 87hokie View Post
        I think that if the stock photo showed the auto completely within the borders of the sticker - then yes I would try to get it exchanged.

There are some player autos that I have seen that have letter tops clipped due to the flair of the signer.

To answer your question - Clipped autos are not necessarily less desirable to me. But I would tend to look at other autos by the same person to judge the availability of non-clipped examples.

Let's face it signing stickers on a sheet or a roll has got to be more tedious than signing a stack of cards...little stickers, big hands and avoiding smearing of autos - - - just the thought makes my hands cramp.
        I asked the seller for a partial refund and he was nice about it -- the signer Cameron Sutton does appear to have quite a few clipped autos so far -- thanks for your insight

Comment

almost every Score auto by Sutton is clipped -- I never really hated sticker autos until now

Comment

Originally posted by UTvols View Post
            almost every Score auto by Sutton is clipped -- I never really hated sticker autos until now
            thats why i try to avoid sticker autos if its possible,depending on the player im after,if its for a draft pick,then id bite the bullet,as that might be the only type of auto for said player available

Comment

Working...
            X