Sticker Autographs Rule!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticker Autographs Rule!

Okay... maybe I'm getting a little carried away. I'll rephrase that.

This 2010/11 Crown Royale "Scratching the Surface" autograph rules!

In fact, this card looks so awesome... that Beckett has listed these as "on-card" autographs. Personally, I think Panini just did an amazing job of blending a sticker autograph into the design of their card. Sure, there's still the fact that the player never actually held the card... but I definitely think they took a huge step in the right direction.

Actually... the process is quite simple. They printed stickers that look like hockey rinks and had The Big Pavelski sign them. Then, they embedded the sticker into a card with a "shadow box" sort of effect, so it hides the edges of the stickers.

Leonardo de Vinci once said, "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication". Although I wouldn't say this is always true... it seems to fit this particular situation.

Kudos to Panini. If you're going to continue using sticker autographs... then at least you're headed in the right direction. Heck... you tricked Beckett into thinking they're on-card.

And... if by chance... they actually are on-card... which I'm 99% positive they're not... then take my brilliant idea (which is really quite simple) and get to work. Ugly sticker autos have flooded our hobby for over 10 years... it's time to end this disease...and you're holding onto the vaccine.

Shoot... maybe one day... you'll actually start hearing collectors say "sticker autographs rule!".

Have a happy Monday... Sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

that is bleepin awesome

Kazmir Collection 1621/2986 - 54.2%

like Mohammed Ali I float like a butterfly
    but sting like poison ivy

My tradesite

Comment

Thats a great way of doing it. Very nice!
      Collecting
      GONZAGA'S GREATEST
      Dan Dickau, Adam Morrison, Austin Daye, John Stockton, Ronny Turiaf, Blake Stepp and Richie Frahm
      PM me if you have anything!

Comment

sticker autos are not going anywhere... it's nice to see companies making them look nicer and less "sticker like"

Comment

Those are very cool looking cards !
          sigpic

Comment

I agree.... they're here to stay

But I agree... it's nice that they're trying to make them look better.

Originally posted by ac-n-mike View Post
            sticker autos are not going anywhere... it's nice to see companies making them look nicer and less "sticker like"
            Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X