Game Used Generosity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Used Generosity

Sometimes statistics don't paint the entire picture. When you look at Arturs Irbe's statistics during his five seasons with the San Jose Sharks, you probably aren't too impressed.

57 Wins
    91 Losses
    26 Ties + Overtime/Shootout Losses
    3.47 GAA
    .889 Save Percentage

But what his numbers don't show is just how much the fans embraced The Wall. During his time in San Jose, Irbe's contributions on and off the ice made him one of the team's most popular players.

Unfortunately, Sharks fans don't have much to choose from when it comes to Irbe'sautographs and memorabilia cards that feature him in his Sharks uniform. Currently, there are only two certified autographs and zero memorabilia cards which feature him in teal and black.

However thanks to my buddy, I'm now the proud owner of this awesome game usedIrbestick. It should be able to hold me over until Upper Deck, Panini, and In The Game figure things out.

Awesome, right? Here's a program insert from the 1993/94 season that shows Irbe with a similar stick:

The only downside is this huge crack on the blade:

But I'm not complaining. It's one of my coolest pieces in my San Jose Sharks PC. Thanks Mike for this truly generous gift.

Alright, it's your turn to talk...

Who are some of your team's fan favorites?

In other words, players who aren't necessarily super stars, but get the super star treatment in their hometown.

Happy Thursday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X