Seals, Stamps, and Signatures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seals, Stamps, and Signatures

I've never watched a single California Golden Seals game in my life. In fact, I know barely anything about them. Can I name any of their coaches? Don't be ridiculous. Their all-time leading scorer? No way. What about one player... any player? Nope.

But that doesn't mean I'm not willing to learn. I love hockey. And the Seals are a huge part of Bay Areasports history. That's why I decided to start collecting their stuff about six months ago. And thanks to the generous Mr. Hoyle my collection has recently quadrupled in size.

Check out what he sent last week...

1971/72 Topps California Golden Seals

1972/73 Topps California Golden Seals Set

193/74 Topps California Golden Seals Set

1974/75 Topps California Golden Seals Set

But that's not all. He also sent me this pair of Oakland Athletics:

1969 MLB PhotoStamp #91 and 1974 Topps Stamps #222

Oddballs are cool. Vintage cards are cooler. But vintage oddballs are the coolest.

Thanks Mr. Hoyle! I should have some Red Sox cards in the mail within the next week or so.

Extra Innings

In addition to Mr. Hoyle'spackage... I also received some cards from Brett over at Card Collectors World Forums. He contacted me last month and asked if I collect autographs of former San Diego Padres.

Earlier in the week... he sent me these:

Jared Baker was drafted by the Padres in the third round of the 1992 MLB Amateur Draft, but never made it to The Big Show.

On the other hand, Scott Hairston has played eleven seasons in the MLB... four of which were with the Padres. In fact, his best years were arguably played in San Diego.

He also sent me a handful of San Jose Sharks cards... and this dual memorabilia card:

At first I struggled to figure out how this card fits into my PC. I'm not a fan of the Canucks or Blackhawks. Neither are known enforcers. But upon closer examination... I discovered that the bottom right corner was dinged. So I'm guessing that this was intended to be my Damaged Card PC's newest addition.

Thanks Brett!

Okay... it's time to get ready for dinner.

Happy Saturday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

I had wished it had been a Shark, but seeing that I grew up in Florida, I don't know much about hockey. I thought it was a cool card and figured you could always swap it with someone if needed. I was born in Buffalo and would probably be a hockey fan had I grown up there, but in Florida, the ice melts too quickly!
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Working...
    X