Garter Belts and Groupies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garter Belts and Groupies

While doing a little homework for my Roy Hobbscard last week, I stumbled across a great article over on Cardboard Connection. The article showcased a great collection of cards based on baseball movies. If you're interested in checking it out... click here.

Anyways... that's where I discovered the 1988 Gatorade Bull Durhamset...

Bull Durham might not be my favorite sports movie. Heck. It's not even my favorite baseball movie. But it's definitely a classic and when I saw these oddballs, I knew I wanted a set for my collection.

I'm a huge fan of the dual photos. Let's face it... two photos of the lovelyMillie is better than one.

Or if you're into older women, than there's the sensationalSusan Sarandoncard.

The one thing that might bother some collectors is their size. Each card measures 4" x 5", which could cause some storage issues. Personally, I love cards in all shapes and sizes... so these oversized beauties don't bother me at all. Plus I like how the overall design is reminiscent of the 1975 Toppsbaseball card set.

Rounding out the four card set is this epic card of Ebby "Nuke" LaLoosh, Bull Durham'srookie sensation. How often do you see grown men wearing garter belts on trading cards? This card alone was worth the three bucks I paid for this set.

Well that's it for now. I'm hoping my 20th Anniversaryversion of The Sandlot arrives soon. It's suppose to come with a special card set that includes cards of Smalls, Squints, and even The Beast.

Until then...

Happy Wednesday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X