Flea Market Finds #84: Here Comes The Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flea Market Finds #84: Here Comes The Sun

When it comes to summer... I truly have mixed emotions. On one hand, I get a chance to switch gears and teach fifth graders... which is awesome, because they're like a breath of fresh air. On the other hand... I hate the heat.

I'm serious. I like sticker autographs more than 90ยบ temperatures. The good news is as long as it doesn't reach triple digits, it's pretty good treasure hunting at my local swap meets.

Here are my latest finds...

Purchase #1: Abbey Road LP$5

No name. No title. Just one of the most iconic album covers of all-time.

Purchase #2: 2009 Las Vegas 51's Cosmo SGA Bobblehead$2

Bobbleheads are cool. Mascots are cooler. Bobbleheads of mascots are the coolest.

Purchase #3: 1995 Fax-Pax Presidents Flash Cards $1

I love stumbling across cards I've never seen before. In this particular case, I almost walked away without checking them out... but after taking a few steps away... I turned around and decided to see what they were.

Inside there were forty-one flash cards that look like this:

They're a little larger than your standard trading card, but I have no problem adding this card to myRonald Reagancollection.

Purchase #4: WWII Japanese Airplane Models$4

Two more models for my Japan PC. The seller had a bunch of sealed model airplanes for $2 each. I probably should have bought them all and flipped them at my next flea market, but I was too lazy to carry them.

Purchase #5: Nike Team USA Hockey Jersey$15

I normally avoid purchasing clothing at the flea market, however this was too good of a deal to pass up. Unfortunately... it's a little too big and way too warm to wear right now. Did I mention how much I hate the heat?

Happy Monday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X