Flea Market Finds #102: Talking Hand Puppets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flea Market Finds #102: Talking Hand Puppets

It's finally starting to rain in California. That's amazing news for our water supply and the Sierra Nevadasnowpack. Unfortunately it's putting a damper on my weekend trips to the flea market. I was especially bummed out that I missed out on De Anzalast weekend. That's my personal favorite and since it's only once a month, I'll need to wait three more weeks to get my fix.

But not to worry. I actually have one purchase to share from a few weeks ago... and a few other recent pickups that are semi-related to that flea market find.

Purchase #1: 1981 McDonald's Muppets Glasses$7

Back in February, I found this set of McDonald'sglasses which promoted The Great Muppet Caper:

I've never been a huge fan of the Muppets, but I remember owning a couple of these when I was a kid. The vendor was this cute elderly lady who was selling off her keepsakes. We talked for about five minutes and I knew I needed to buy something from her.

Now I just need to figure out what to do with them. Should 43 year old men really use cups with puppets on them?

The only puppet I'd consider having on my drinking glass would be my favorite Star Wars character:

This is a huge addition to my Star Wars collection. I was a little disappointed to find out that Topps didn't have Frank Oz sign these... but oh well. Hard signedYodacards don't grow on trees.

I also picked up this 1981 Burger King Star Wars/The Empire Strikes Backset that contains several cards of the pint sized puppet. Here are two of my favorites:

And for those who aren't into hand puppets, here's your obligatory baseball card of the day:

Gotcha! More hand puppets.

Happy Friday and sayonara!

Extra Innings

Thanks Todd for the awesome Golden Eagles team checklist. I'll be showing off more singles from your care package in future posts.

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X