Greatest of All-Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest of All-Time

In MMA's brief history, Anderson Silva is often referred to as the best pound for pound fighter in the world. Some even say he's the greatest champion in UFC history. And after listening to interviews, reading articles, and watching his highlights, I now understand all of the hype.

In short... the guy is a beast.

Take a quick look at the numbers:

33-4 Professional MMA Record
    16-0 as a UFC Fighter
    16 Consecutive UFC Wins = UFC Record
    10 Consecutive UFC Title Defenses = UFC Record
    6 "Knockout of the Night" Bonuses = UFC Record
    67.8% Significant Strike Accuracy = UFC Record
    17 Knockdowns Landed = UFC Record

It's been over seven years since Silva lost his last fight due to a disqualification against Yushin Okami. Tonight, he'll enter the octagon against Chris Weidman to defend his title. Usually I'm the guy cheering for the underdog, but tonight I'd like to see Silva continue this amazing run in the UFC.

However based on what I've read, there are plenty of people who believe that Weidman is the man to end Silva's reign. Here's what fellow UFC living legend, Georges St-Pierre predicts...

"Not only is Chris Weidman going to beat Anderson Silva, I believe he's going to finish Anderson. I believe it's not going to last too long, this fight."

I'm dying to watch this fight. The hype has definitely garnered the attention of this small time
    MMA fan.

Go Silva!

Happy Saturaday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X