Under Pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under Pressure

I've never had a single regret about becoming a teacher. It's probably the best decision I've ever made. Sure there are rough days... obnoxious students... and the occasional disgruntled parent. But the pros far outweigh the cons... and I'm lucky that 99%of the time, I actually look forward to going into work and seeing my students.

With that being said... the past month has been insane. I recently took over the Leadershipclass at my site while my administrator is out on maternity leave... and my workload essentially doubled overnight.

The good news is that they are the Leadershipkids, which means they're independent and for the most part responsible, hardworking students.

The bad news is that I have to work much longer hours, which affects how much time I have to read blog posts, while publishing my own.

I have a pair of posts I've been working on during my free time. One of them covers a very generous care package from Ryan over at Japanese Sumo Wrestling Cards and Menko. The other one summarizes my trip to two flea markets last weekend and involves thousands of Junk Wax Era cards. I'm sure you guys can hardly wait... cough... cough.

Until then... here's a card I picked up back in September:

It's a 2012 Leaf Originalsautograph of Hulk Hogan who was the biggest name in wrestling during my years of fandom back in the mid80's. Hogan'ssignature is the furthest thing from being rare, but this particular card has been sitting on my wantlist for a few years now. I've always enjoyed this product and I thought today was a great day to finally write about it.

After all of the interesting conversations I overheard in with students, faculty, family, and friends about Tuesday'selection... and plenty of them fishing for my opinion... I wanted to keep things simple for this post. I believe in and support the current voting process. I will support our 45th President... even if he wasn't the candidate I voted for... until he gives me a reason not to as our elected leader. Like sports cards and most things in life... I try to give things the benefit of the doubt.

Who knows... maybe he truly does make America great again. Whatever he does... I'm not envious of his new position. I'm stressed out over teaching leadership. Can't imagine the pressure of being one of the most powerful people on the planet feels like.

Last... and most importantly... I'm just proud to be an American. Just like Hulk Hogan was back in the 80's when I cheered him on as a teenager.

Happy Thursday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X