Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Site Owner

Hi Everyone -

As you may or may not have heard I just came to an agreement with Frank to purchase Card Collectors World. I wanted to introduce myself and personally say that I'm really excited to be part of such a great community of collectors and am looking forward to getting to know everyone.

To tell you a little about myself...my name is Mike Smeth and I'm a 28 year old entrepreneur who is happily married with 2 daughters (8 years old and 4 months old). When I'm not working on my business chances are I'm spending time with them and/or my 3 dogs. Anyways, I started a sports card website called The Cardboard Connection (http://www.cardboardconnection.com) 3 years ago after a serious work related injury left me unable to work for about a year. I started to go a bit crazy with all that free time on my hands so I made the most out of the situation and learned all I could about programming and internet marketing. Once I began to recover I couldn't shake the overwhelming desire to start my own business. Having rediscovered my childhood passion for collecting sports cards in 2007, doing a card related site seemed like the natural direction for me to go in.

Since its inception my site has grown to become one of the most visited sports collectibles sites on the net. This is my full time business and its what I depend on to pay the bills and feed my family. So suffice to say I put a lot of time and effort into it

I'd love to get your feedback and ideas on features / suggestions for the forum. I have very high hopes for this forum and will be investing a lot of time and resources in growing it and improving it but I can't do it without you guys. So anytime anyone has an idea, PLEASE share it.

I am going to be migrating the forum over to a subdomain of my site (http://community.cardboardconnection.com/) this coming Sunday night 8/4. The forum will be down as a result for about 5 hours from 11pm EST Sunday August 4th until 4am EST Monday August 5th. Everything will automatically be 301 redirected to the new domain so all old links will still work without any problems. The forum will still be named Card Collectors World, though the logo will be rebranded to coincide with the Cardboard Connection logo / banner. Oh, and I have tons of hobby boxes to give away, so will be holding lots of giveaways to celebrate the merger!

I think that pretty much sums things up but by all means let me know if you have any questions. The bottom line is that this is a very exciting time for the forum.

I sincerely look forward to getting to know everyone and taking this forum to the next level (and then some).

Thanks

Mike Smeth
    Mike Smeth, Owner

Mike glad to have you onboard. This will help CCW grow as a site with new members to trade with on the forums. I see nothing but good times ahead for CCW.

Lets all welcome Mike to CCW!

Comment

Welcome Mike,
      hope CCW becomes the biggest and best trade site on the net under your guidance.

Roy
      Last edited by thebighurt035; 09-02-2011, 01:32 AM.
      Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Welcome Mike!
        We look forward to you guiding this site into the future! Thanks for taking the time tO introduce yourself to us!
        U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
        http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
        Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
        Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Welcome Mike!

Can't wait to see what the future holds for CCW
          Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
          Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
          Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
          Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Welcome Mike

Many exciting times ahead for us all I believe....

Comment

wow...big news...seen some great things from you guys at cardboard connection and at the national this past august....

A message to Frank - you're an awesome guy who was a great owner and helped build CCW to what was already a great community
              Not looking for anything specific, just whatever catches my eye, but I am partial to Chicago Cubs, David Wright, Jim Palmer, Miguel Cabrera, and Yao Ming

My Bucket

Comment

Best of luck in your new endeavor!

Jake

Comment

Mike, I feel totally humbled by the fact your twenty years younger then myself and doing what I would love to do. I want to volunteer my sons and myself to open any unopened hobby boxes (LOL) and I do hope this becomes a better trade site and we also follow cardboard connection. Good Luck!!!!!

Comment

Welcome Mike,

Look forward to the road ahead.

Collecting Ken Dilger, Indiana Hoosiers autos, and Indianapolis Colts Rookies
                    Colts Rookie Collection: 408 Different Players
                    Ken Dilger Collection: 261/445 (58.6%)

Tradelist
                    Colts Rookie Collection
                    Ken Dilger Collection

Comment

Welcome Mike. I'm a relatively new member of this site, although I've been collecting and trading basketball cards for 20 years.

This forum is, in my albeit limited experience, excellent. Having looked at your website, which appears very professional yet 'personal', I can see a good combination of the two sites.

Great news indeed!
                      PC = Bulls, particularly Taj Gibson RCs (99/236 - 42%) Toni Kukoc, Rodman and MJ

Comment

Welcome Mike. Really looking forward to working with you, and I hope this will bring the site to greater heights.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                        Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                        Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                        MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                        NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                        NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                        NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                        I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Welcome Mike, I see a bright future ahead for CCW!
                          "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Welcome. I look forward to the new changes. I have only been active for about 2 months, but I have become addicted and have renewed my interest in the hobby as well. All my interactions with people on this website have been positive!
                            Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
                            Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
                            Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Thanks everyone!
                              Mike Smeth, Owner

Comment

Working...
                              X