Inventory Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inventory Manager

Any thought given to adding an Inventory Manager similar to what another card site has? I think it would be a very valuable addition.

It depends on what it would cost to add and thetime someone who has to code and program it from scratch. If members dont use it, it would not be a good investment to put back into the site.

Comment

Good points. I don't see why most wouldn't want to use it. If it were to have an integrated OPG, that might increase interest. I can see the need for something like that here. Members could set up want lists, trade lists and their PC. Just by doing a search for what you're looking for would show members that have that card for trade. I know, from my experience, that members forget they've posted on a trade/want thread, and people are left hanging.

If the cost can be hurdled, maybe charge a low yearly fee that gives you certain member benefits including the Inventory Manager? Maybe instead of having 1 person tasked with the coding, have a few?

I'm just trying to be helpful and maybe help this site grow.

Comment

Another question, has any thought been given to developing a mobile app for ccw?

The full site doesn't really fit well on a mobile screen without a lot of squinting and zooming.

Comment

We dont want to charge any members a fee to be on our site for any reason. That is what separates us from other sites. The mobile application was something considered before, but not at this time maybe later.

Comment

I am liking the "no fee". This is a hobby for most and its great how you guys are keeping it for the love of the hobby.

I have been in web designing for over 10 yrs and created multiple community sites (primarily focused on gaming communities) and thats how I kept it, free. I mean I had the option for members to donate for game server rentals and site fees.. etc... but it was always a success until I finally got burned out..lol

As for the inventory management module that would be great. It appears that you guys are using vBulletin platform. Im sure they have a module that could be added and it wouldnt cost a thing (for license users). But I dont know how extensive it would be. May do enough to satisfy the community. But going the code route, yeh that would be a bit of a charge.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
              It depends on what it would cost to add and thetime someone who has to code and program it from scratch. If members dont use it, it would not be a good investment to put back into the site.
              If it doesn't cost anything to add, as another member has suggested, it would be a low risk, expense free investment. If that is true, and a member or a few members are willing to take on the task, then why not try it? We already have the Hit Tracker, so members adding the images to the database wouldn't be that big of a deal, in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
              X