CCW and how, what, where, and why.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCW and how, what, where, and why.

Before I start my questions, I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone here at CCW! Before this, my life was one of great difficulty, the inability to get through the day, mental and physical pain, and having no one during the day to share things with! I'm sure everyone knows my situation now. I still have to deal with most of the issues mentioned above, and go through agonizing therapy. CCW makes each of my days a much more enjoyable and at times a very fulfilling filled day. I now get up in anticipation of what new information is discussed on the CCW forum or any new possible trades.

I want to let the moderators and executive committee know that Schwood is a absolutely outstanding individual. His generosity is beyond anything I've ever experienced. He has been able to put a smile on my face! Something that was not possible a few months ago. 90sTriplets, danduhman, and azdbacks1998 have also been outstanding members to me and have brought great joy in my life by the way of moral support and football card trades. Once again THANK YOU!

I have several questions as I've never been a part of a forum in my life;

1) What is a "Plank Owner"?

2) What is a "PM"?

3) What is a "PC"?

4) What is a "Moderator" and what is the responsibility of a Moderator?

5) Who are the lead members or the executive committee? And what are the
    responsibility of these members? Would there be a type of hierarchy and is there a
    list of such?

6) How did CCW start? And when?

7) What is the connection with "Cardboard Connection"? Is Ryan Cracknell part of
    CCW?

8) Having been new to collecting football cards, my wife and I don't have many
    football cards at the level we see displayed each day. How would I create such a
    collection so as to create more trades at CCW?

Thank you for making my life a little more exciting!!!
    Thank you in advance!

Toshi
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

I'll be 1st to say glad to have ya!! I agree that this forum is awesome, with awesome people who are willing to help at a drop of a hat.
    I think I can answer a few Q's, maybe some mods can shed some light on.the others.
    Plank owner/moderator...or mod: I'm assuming this.is someone who is responsible for a certain thread, usually a mod. I'm unsure how this responsibility is given out.
    PM: private message
    PC: personal collection
    And
    8) personally, I look a lot on eBay for deals that I might be able to flip on this site, other participate in box breaks, others have the opportunities to break full boxes themselves.

However you gain your tradables, the one thing is to have fun.....and this is a great place for that!!

Currently looking for:
    Football: The Gronk!
    Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
    Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
    + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
    Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
    http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

Toshi,
      we are glad to have you here at CCW.

I will try to answer the questions that Todd didn't.

Plank Owner = This was given to the first 100 members of the site.
      Our first owner was in the Navy and this was something for their ships.

Moderator = Is someone donating their time to keep the site safe and running.

Who are the lead members or the executive committee? And what are the
      responsibility of these members? Would there be a type of hierarchy and is there a
      list of such?
      The top dog is msmeth he is the owner of the site and has the last word.
      Everyone on staff or like you said " executive committee" are all in this together and we make site decisions after talking it over between everyone on staff here. Everyone on staff helps to keep the site running smoothly

How did CCW start? And when?
      It was stated by now member FrankMcdee and a bunch of moderators/members that left another site in 09/2009

What is the connection with "Cardboard Connection"? Is Ryan Cracknell part of
      CCW?
      Ryan is on staff here at CCW and msmeth is the head of Cardboard Connection and he purchased CCW and added a forum to The Cardboard Connection

Having been new to collecting football cards, my wife and I don't have many
      football cards at the level we see displayed each day. How would I create such a
      You make trades and join in on our contests but most of all "have fun"
      The cards will come.

I hope my answers help.

Roy
      Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Thanks for the info! I asked my 18 year old daughter what does PM & PC stand for, she did not know. So much for the young generation in the all knowing of things in social media! Now I get to tease her that the "Old Man" is now part of the social media crowd! LOL!

I've looked at eBay as well. I understand now! I would "bid" or "buy it now" on things that (As an Example) Schwood would like or any member for that matter. In Schwoods case it would be Patriots. I would then offer these items as trades!

Thanks

Toshi
        I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

Comment

Info covered
          Last edited by ocanseco55; 06-12-2013, 02:11 PM.
          U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
          http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
          Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
          Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

[QUOTE=thebighurt035;349708]Toshi,
            we are glad to have you here at CCW.

I will try to answer the questions that Todd didn't.

Plank Owner = This was given to the first 100 members of the site.
            Our first owner was in the Navy and this was something for their ships.

Moderator = Is someone donating their time to keep the site safe and running.

Who are the lead members or the executive committee? And what are the
            list of such?
            The top dog is msmeth he is the owner of the site and has the last word.
            Everyone on staff or like you said " executive committee" are all in this together and we make site decisions after talking it over between everyone on staff here. Everyone on staff helps to keep the site running smoothly

How did CCW start? And when?
            It was stated by now member FrankMcdee and a bunch of moderators/members that left another site in 09/2009

What is the connection with "Cardboard Connection"? Is Ryan Cracknell part of
            CCW?
            Ryan is on staff here at CCW and msmeth is the head of Cardboard Connection and he purchased CCW and added a forum to The Cardboard Connection

Having been new to collecting football cards, my wife and I don't have many
            You make trades and join in on our contests but most of all "have fun"
            The cards will come.

I hope my answers help.

Roy
            [/QUOTE

Yes, you both have answered my questions. I appreciate the insight, I now understand and comprehend the start and growth of CCW. The affiliation of CCW and CBC makes a absolutely a perfect marriage between the two. On that note, it's a brilliant corporate move. I'll continue to tell sports collectors to join the "Family" of CCW!

Thank you,

Toshi

Comment

I would also like to add that Toshi is an outstanding member here. He and I have been trading for a few weeks here, and he is willing to Give Give Give! Which is hard to find on a lot of sites. But, I have to say, I see it more and more here. This site, the people on here, and the people running it are the best I have seen around. This site is smaller than others, but in many ways that is a good thing.

I shouldn't say that I haven't seen generous people on other sites (if you saw my thread on 'the other site I belong to') you will see what I got in the mail.

But with all that said, there is one important rule I love to trade by...

'PAY IT FORWARD'

This is an important idea in the world of trading I believe. I send something off to someone, and they send something off to someone else, and so forth. And quite honestly, I eventually get something back unexpectedly. And in turn I then 'Pay It Forward' to the next person. This is all about having fun in the community.

Just keep having fun, and it will all work itself out. That is ultimately what a 'hobby' is meant to do for you. Bring you some enjoyment and help you relax and take a break from your everyday life.

Sorry guys, sort of jumped on a soap box there.

But, Toshi reminds me of the generosity and the goodwill every time we converse.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
              Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
              Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
              MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
              NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
              NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
              NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
              I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Originally posted by schwood View Post
                I would also like to add that Toshi is an outstanding member here. He and I have been trading for a few weeks here, and he is willing to Give Give Give! Which is hard to find on a lot of sites. But, I have to say, I see it more and more here. This site, the people on here, and the people running it are the best I have seen around. This site is smaller than others, but in many ways that is a good thing.

I shouldn't say that I haven't seen generous people on other sites (if you saw my thread on 'the other site I belong to') you will see what I got in the mail.

But with all that said, there is one important rule I love to trade by...

'PAY IT FORWARD'

This is an important idea in the world of trading I believe. I send something off to someone, and they send something off to someone else, and so forth. And quite honestly, I eventually get something back unexpectedly. And in turn I then 'Pay It Forward' to the next person. This is all about having fun in the community.

Just keep having fun, and it will all work itself out. That is ultimately what a 'hobby' is meant to do for you. Bring you some enjoyment and help you relax and take a break from your everyday life.

Sorry guys, sort of jumped on a soap box there.

But, Toshi reminds me of the generosity and the goodwill every time we converse.

Thank you so much! It was traders like you that inspired me to actively be a part of CCW and to "Pay it Forward" as you have done for me.

Comment

Working...
                X