This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Sellers

Is it me, or have we really been having a larger than normal amount of new sellers here lately? I am all for selling cards, don't get me wrong. There is just something about someone with so few posts attempting to sell their cards. Most do not even have a single trade transaction. I have always felt that trading cards was the #1 objective for forums, selling has always been secondary.

Hey mods, is their a way we could have minimum requirements to sell? Some forums I frequent for coins require members to have 50 quality posts before they are allowed to sell. Maybe something like that and or 10 trade transactions before one can start to sell. Just a thought.

Hey Sean. We cant put a min requirement if a member wants to sell. The forums are open to everyone to buy/sell/trade/talk/etc. If they are new to the site, they will be tagged as a rookie until they get 10 unique feedback and need to send first on their transactions unless they do a feedback transfer from another forum. That way our established members will be protected.

Comment

Agree'd, Ive been told by a new member..FLAT OUT... He wil NOT send an item 1st without getting payment 1st (I was proposing a purchase). I felt uncomfortable with it, so we ended talks.
      Of course he had XX# amount of feeback from so and so other site, but that doesnt help me. When I buy from a new member, I'll uphold the "they send 1st rule", if they dont like it, sale over.
      Currently looking for:
      Football: The Gronk!
      Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
      Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
      + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
      Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
      http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
        Hey Sean. We cant put a min requirement if a member wants to sell. The forums are open to everyone to buy/sell/trade/talk/etc. If they are new to the site, they will be tagged as a rookie until they get 10 unique feedback and need to send first on their transactions unless they do a feedback transfer from another forum. That way our established members will be protected.
        The other forums I frequent are open to the public as well. This does not mean a forum cannot require you to establish yourself before you can start selling your goods. It goes a long way in weeding out the con artst that abound in the collectibles market place. Like I said, I am all for selling cards. I do it too, but i have also had some trades under my belt and at least participated in forum discussions, rather than step in and start selling away.

Comment

Rookies have the "MSF tag (Must Send First) for their first 10 transactions whether they are buy/sell or trade and I will say this, if your gut tells you something smells funny go with your gut feeling.
          Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Nevermind. You guys do not understand how frustrating it is seeing a bunch of noobs jump right into selling, rather than contributing to the community. Just trying to make this a better place, but hey what do I know, I am just a member.

Comment

I understand your frustration but with the economy as it is I can also understand why people need to sell.

We have the first 10 transactions rule in place so that the new members can prove themselves.

The only other thing I can tell you is not to buy from a rookie even though they will be sending first.

Unless you want us to set the min for selling on this site to lets say 50 positive feedbacks!

What other sites have lower/higher feedback restrictions for selling?

Roy

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Originally posted by azdbacks1998 View Post
                Agree'd, Ive been told by a new member..FLAT OUT... He wil NOT send an item 1st without getting payment 1st (I was proposing a purchase). I felt uncomfortable with it, so we ended talks.
                Of course he had XX# amount of feeback from so and so other site, but that doesnt help me. When I buy from a new member, I'll uphold the "they send 1st rule", if they dont like it, sale over.
                You stated this "Of course he had XX# amount of feedback from so and so other site" Did he have a feedback transfer to here and was he upgraded to a member or was he still classified as a rookie here?

Plmk
                Roy

Comment

Originally posted by thebighurt035 View Post
                  I understand your frustration but with the economy as it is I can also understand why people need to sell.

We have the first 10 transactions rule in place so that the new members can prove themselves.

The only other thing I can tell you is not to buy from a rookie even though they will be sending first.

Unless you want us to set the min for selling on this site to lets say 50 positive feedbacks!

What other sites have lower/higher feedback restrictions for selling?

Roy
                  The feedback is not as big an issue to me as quality post count. Show us you intend to be an active participant here, not just stopping in to shop their wares.

Coin Collecting Discussions at Coin Community Forum requires 50 quality posts before you can sell on their site. They have a specific are for trading and selling, and the post count is manditory.

Lincoln Cent Resource requires that you purchase a $20 membership before you are allowed to sell on the site.

Both of these are not unreasonable. Both have a HUGE, ACTIVE membership.

Comment

Originally posted by seal006 View Post
                    The feedback is not as big an issue to me as quality post count. Show us you intend to be an active participant here, not just stopping in to shop their wares.

Coin Collecting Discussions at Coin Community Forum requires 50 quality posts before you can sell on their site. They have a specific are for trading and selling, and the post count is manditory.

Lincoln Cent Resource requires that you purchase a $20 membership before you are allowed to sell on the site.

Both of these are not unreasonable. Both have a HUGE, ACTIVE membership.

The 50 "quality posts " idea I like but the $20 membership fee I personally do not like and I would leave this site if it were ever to charge collectors.

Roy

Comment

Every site has their own rules.

Thanks for your input.

Roy

Comment

The 50 "quality posts " idea I like but the $20 membership fee I personally do not like and I would leave this site if it were ever to charge collectors.

Roy
                        I can understand that. At first I felt the same way, but after I saw how it weeded out the riff raff of people only there to sell and sell only, it was a blessing in disguise.

Comment

Moving this to the staff questions forums and will leave a redirect for an hour or so.

Roy

Comment

sending PM...

You stated this "Of course he had XX# amount of feedback from so and so other site" Did he have a feedback transfer to here and was he upgraded to a member or was he still classified as a rookie here?

Plmk
                            Roy
                            Currently looking for:
                            Football: The Gronk!
                            Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
                            Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
                            + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
                            Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
                            http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

I know this is not the biggest, most active card forum on the web. I am rather fond of it though. I really want to try and make it as good as possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X