Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In-person auto on a 1/1 printing plate/TTT panorama?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-person auto on a 1/1 printing plate/TTT panorama?

Not that I care about the value of my PC items....but will I lessen the value of this card if I get it signed:

In the same respect, how bout getting one or all of these panorama's signed. Since TTT actually released an auto version of this card, am I defacing the value by having the non-auto version signed?

Just curious what you guys think.......what say you?
    Currently looking for:
    Football: The Gronk!
    Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
    Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
    + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
    Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
    http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Its hard to say. Some people will say yes and some people will say no. Technically any base card that you get signed already "ruins" the card so to speak.

I would think if someone signed it on the plate, it would smear.

Comment

I would say yes, it does hinder the value of the card because the issuer made the card in such a way that the company felt it did not need an auto.
      U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
      http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
      Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
      Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

I would say people would probably scoff at something like that signed IP. But, if you are planning on keeping it for yourself, I think it would be a very unique and cool item to have personally.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
        Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
        Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
        MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
        NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
        NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
        NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
        I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

If it's for you and you plan to keep it, then go for it. If you ever plan to sell it off, the signature would definetly lessen the value especially with no COA. You could send it off to PSA to have the signature authenticated which would give a buyer some piece of mind.

Comment

Thx guys for your suggestions.

I wont get those signed, I'll stick with photos and probably a Gyspy Queen base....I like the look of those with autos....IF i even get a chance to get an auto from him....lol

If I had the peace of mind that Upton will retire with the Dbacks then I might get them signed....but the unfortunate reality is, ya never know how long a player will remain on your team these days.....Steve Nash proved that recently.

Currently looking for:
            Football: The Gronk!
            Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
            Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
            + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
            Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
            http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

I get a lot of base and inserts signed, but nothing else. I would think that if you were looking to sell the cards, the value would be diminished. I don't intend to sell my ip autos, though. I just prefer to get base and inserts signed.
              Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Working...
              X