Adrian Gonzalez Hurts Back While Talking To Child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian Gonzalez Hurts Back While Talking To Child

Adrian Gonzalez sidelined with sore back after greeting child at mall | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports

This just isnt the season for the BoSox. The only one who has seemed to stay healthy is David Ortiz.

It was just a few days ago that we put Boston's Adrian Gonzalez atop a list of disappointing players who needed a great start to the second half of the season.

But what actually ended up happening to the 30-year-old old first baseman on the day baseball returned from the All-Star break probably qualifies as the exact opposite of a great start.

From the Boston Globe:

Gonzalez was getting a cup of coffee at the International Plaza in Tampa when he bent over to say hello to a child in a stroller. That's when he felt his lower back lock up.

"I have no idea how it happened," said Gonzalez, who has never had back problems before. "It was something I've done a million times."

Gonzalez tried to play on Friday night, but was scratched from the lineup an hour before first pitch. He was out again on Saturday night, the Red Sox starting Brett Lillibridge at first base against the Rays.

Very odd. I think it was Sammy Sosa that got an oblique strain while sneezing during a locker room interview. Another weird injury has to be when John Smoltz burned his chest while ironing his shirt!

Comment

Working...
    X