Doug Fister Pitches 8 Strong Innings in a 7-2 Tigers Win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug Fister Pitches 8 Strong Innings in a 7-2 Tigers Win

The Detroit Tigers beat the Los Angeles Angels tonight 7-2.

The Angels scored a run in the first inning, but the Tigers responded in the bottom of the inning with a walk to Miguel Cabrera, single from Prince Fielder, which allowed Cabrera to advance to 3rd base on the hit, then Delmon Young hit a single to score Cabrera and it tied the game 1-1.

The Tigers came back in the 2nd inning with a double from Brennan Boesch, a walk to Gerald Laird, then a single by Danny Worth to load the bases. With 1 out Ryan Raburn an infield single which scored Boesch. Miguel Cabrera was up next and hit a ground ball to 2nd base to score Laird. Prince Fielder was up next and hit a single to score Worth and Raburn which gave the Tigers a 5-1 lead after 2 innings.

The Tigers came back in the 5th inning after a single by Miguel Cabrera, walk to Jhonny Peralta, then Brennan Boesch hit a double to score Cabrera and Peralta to give the Tigers a 7-1 lead.

Doug Fister pitched great tonight going 8 innings, giving up 1 run on 2 hits, walking 2 and striking out a season high 10 batters; he earned his 4th win of the season.

Joaquin Benoit came in and gave up 1 run in the 9th inning, but got the Tigers the win.

The Tigers finish up their 4 game series with the Angels tommorrow as Max Scherzer (8-5 4.84 ERA) pitches against Jerome Williams (6-6 4.67 ERA).

Picture credit: detroitnews.com
    Follow us on Twitter: @FearTheShadow

More...

Picked him up after somebody panicked and dropped him for fbb. Paid off last night(was his 1st start for my team)

He is the 4th tiger on my team( others are miggy, JV, Ajax) and I am in 1st place in a big prize league. Hopefully he gets on a roll like the others

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
      Picked him up after somebody panicked and dropped him for fbb. Paid off last night(was his 1st start for my team)

He is the 4th tiger on my team( others are miggy, JV, Ajax) and I am in 1st place in a big prize league. Hopefully he gets on a roll like the others
      He's looked very good his last 2 times out. I'm hopeful that he keeps it up.

Comment

Working...
      X