Brett Gardner Out For Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brett Gardner Out For Season

New York Yankees Brett Gardner needs elbow surgery, likely out for season - ESPN New York

OAKLAND, Calif. -- New York Yankees outfielder Brett Gardner will undergo arthroscopic surgery on inflamed tissue in his right elbow, most likely ending his season.

The Yankees announced their plan for the speedy left fielder before Thursday's game against the Oakland Athletics. The surgery will be performed next week by Dr. Christopher Ahmad.

Gardner has not played since April 17, when he suffered what was described as a bone bruise after attempting a diving catch against the Minnesota Twins. After experiencing multiple setbacks in his rehab. Gardner underwent an MRI exam this week.

I can't really say the Yankees have missed him so far. I like the play I am seeing from the likes of Dewayne Wise, Andruw Jones, and Raul Ibanez, so I think they will be fine. They also have Kosuke Fukudome at the AAA level and he seems like he is off to a hot start. I just hope they don't trade for Shane Victorino or call Darnell McDonald back up.

Comment

He will be missed but they have a great team of players and reserves!
      I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Working...
      X