Great Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Guys

My son and I went to see the Nationals last weekend. Often we hear about the guys who don't sign and are not fan friendly. I wanted to share a couple of guys who went out of their way to be really fan friendly.

Chris Young (pitcher) - he signed two cards for my son (and everyone else) and then went into the dugout and picked up a baseball and tracked my son down and said "Here, buddy."

Scott Hairston = he was signing cards after practice. The van left. He said "Oh man, there goes my ride. Oh well." He sat there signing autos until the next van arrived.

Tyler Clippard - Even though they are not supposed to sign during practice, he did every time he had a chance.

Jamie Carroll, Danny Espinosa, and Wilson Ramos - signed for lots of fans after practice.

Feel free to add to this list!
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

It is nice to see that some of the players remember who actually helps to pay their salary. Your son will remember that for years to come and cheer harder for those younger players to succeed. I used to love to go to the Braves Caravan days and get the sheet of photos and get all the players there... Bob Horner, Dale Murphy and Jeff Burroughs will never be forgotten in my 8 year old mind back then for spending 30 seconds with me 1 on 1 to talk baseball.... They were heroes in my eyes back then. Even the Mad Hungarian Al Hrabosky has a spot in my heart
    Long Time Collector of Braves, now adding Padres to the mix.

Please contact me with any Padres cards that you are wanting to trade and lets put a trade together!!

Comment

Chris Perez is the best.

Comment

Thats awesome congrats!
        U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
        http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
        Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
        Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Great to hear about player like that
          http://photobucket.com/trades_bucket