How To Fix The Detroit Pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Fix The Detroit Pistons

I see several articles on different sites about how to fix a certain NBA team. I will post a few of these up every week to get members opinion on them. I am mainly going to do some of the lottery teams since it can bring upon some good discussion and laughs.

Gladdy this thread is especially for you to rip your team. LOL!

Draft History - First Round
    2003 - Darko Milicic (Of course I had to start with this one LOL)
    2004 - None
    2005 - Jason Maxiell
    2006 - None
    2007 - Rodney Stuckey, Arron Afflalo
    2008 - None
    2009 - Austin Daye
    2010 - Greg Monroe
    2011 - Brandon Knight
    2012 - 9th Pick

I wont even go into the Pistons drafting Darko ahead of anyone. They did win the NBA Finals that year so it wasnt as big of a deal back then. Jason Maxiell was decent but they overpaid him too much for someone who barely plays. Rodney Stuckey is above average, but the Pistons have way too many guards right now on their roster. They got rid of the wrong draft pick that year, they should have kept Afflalo and traded Stuckey instead. Austin Daye, Greg Monroe, and Brandon Knight are their future stars they should build around.

The Pistons have way too many guards and wing men on their team. They should have never resigned Tayshaun Prince. They need to get rid of Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva. They also need to fire Joe Dumars. I will just let Gladdy detail the rest since he knows his team better than I do. LOL!

Only player on that team worth anything is Monroe (who in a few years will be the best center in the league).

Comment

Pistons are unfixable.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
      Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Easy, draft Henson, amnesty Villanueva, dump Gordon, get rid of Stuckey, Maxiell, Bynum, and Daye, and tank next year for a top tier pick.

Comment

Trading Ben Gordon and a future 1st Round Pick to the Bobcats for Corey Maggette will help both teams out.

Comment

Pistons drafted Andre Drummond with the 9th pick. I think this may have been a mistake. They have Greg Monroe already. Hopefully Drummond is not like Thabeet, Kwame, Oden, Curry, etc.

Comment

I'm not watching the Pistons next season because Drummond was an awful pick.

Comment

Comment

Drummond must really not want me to like him. His jersey number will be #1

Comment

Come on, can he be any worse than Darko? LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
                      Come on, can he be any worse than Darko? LOL!
                      Probably. Darko Time was epic.

Comment

Don't be too hard on Drummond. He was better than anyone else on the board at that point. John Henson is not nearly as talented and Rivers would've been Ben Gordon all over again. Team should've tried to trade up for Thomas Robinson.

Comment

So in the last 2 months, the Pistons have traded Ben Gordon for Corey Maggette, drafted Andre Drummond, brought over and signed Kyle Singler & Vyacheslav Kravtsov, and did not amnesty Charlie Villanueva.

Gladdy - thoughts? LOL!

Comment

Is it 2013 Baseball season yet?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X