Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lonzo Ball Has First Career Triple Double In Lakers Loss

Ball youngest to have triple-double but Lakers fall to Bucks

MILWAUKEE -- Lonzo Ball became the youngest player in NBA history to record a triple-double when he had 17 points, 13 assists, and 12 rebounds. At 20 years and 15 days, he bested LeBron James by four days to become the youngest to accomplish the feat.

The accomplishment meant little to Ball, given the outcome.

"I really don't care," Ball said. "I just wanted to win tonight. I thought we put ourselves in a good position to get it, but it didn't happen."

Ball had struggled mightily in the early going this season getting shots to fall until finding a groove against the Bucks.

"He was really good tonight," Lakers coach Luke Walton said. "Obviously, it helps when you get some of those shots to go in. I thought he did a great job of playing at a pace, creating for others, constantly being the aggressor on the offensive end, keeping the defense on their heels."

Ball had 11 points, 10 assists and six rebounds in the first half. He made just three of 12 shots in a loss at Washington on Thursday, but finished 7-for-12 and made 3-of-5 shots from three-point range against the Bucks.
Working...
X