Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebron James Has Second Triple Double Of Season In Cavaliers Win

James has triple-double, Cavs beat Hornets for 7th straight

CLEVELAND -- The Cavaliers' sleeveless black jerseys already had LeBron James' stamp of approval, though a change in shoes might have been the difference Friday night.

James had 27 points, 16 rebounds, and 13 assists, J.R. Smith made the tiebreaking free throw with 48 seconds left, and Cleveland extended its winning streak to seven straight with a 100-99 victory over the Charlotte Hornets.

James had season highs in rebounds and assists in his 57th career triple-double. He switched from yellow to black shoes after scoring six points in the first half.

"I'm a little weird sometimes," he said. "I wasn't playing well, to my standards. I wanted to try and make my second half better than my first half and I was able to make a couple of plays."

For Black Friday, the Cavaliers wore black uniforms. Cleveland also wore black jerseys when it won the first championship in franchise history, but the current edition is minus the sleeves from Game 7 of the 2016 NBA Finals.

James is 41-6 in the regular season against Charlotte and the Cavaliers have won 12 of 13, including eight straight against the Hornets.
Working...
X