Russell Westbrook Gets 6th Triple Double In 8 Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell Westbrook Gets 6th Triple Double In 8 Games

Minnesota Timberwolves vs. Oklahoma City Thunder - Recap - March 13, 2015 - ESPN

OKLAHOMA CITY -- After yet another triple-double, Russell Westbrook was nitpicking.

The electric point guard collected his sixth triple-double in eight games and scored 15 of his 29 points in the fourth quarter, helping the Oklahoma City Thunder pull away for a 113-99 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Friday night.

He also had eight turnovers, something he addressed unprompted after the game.

"I do know one thing, I need to stop turning the ball over, I can tell you that much," he said. "It's frustrating trying to make passes and turning it over, but at the same time, we're winning. I'll go back to the drawing board and take care of it."

All Thunder coach Scott Brooks sees is success.

"He is just displaying his all-around game and doing it at a consistent level," Brooks said. "It seems like every night, he is right at those numbers, and those are signs of a very special player."

Westbrook checked out with 2:13 remaining, seemingly a rebound short of the feat, but a scoring change gave him his 10th rebound to go with 12 assists.

He has eight triple-doubles this season and 16 in his career.

On a roll!
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Working...
    X