Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allen Iverson:Does He Still Have "IT"???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He had over 7 apg/26 PPG with Melo, so my thing is he can play with a superstar. Career 2+ steel average(yeh he cheats on the passing lanes and gets burned sometimes) but he can stand strong on D for being 5'10. With Nene's heart condition and K-Marts knees, they just didn't have it against The Spurs. Saw the Celtics play against Boston, they lost by 40-the whole team gave up except A.I. K-mart was hanging out by the Celtics bench at halftime. My prediction:Grizzlies go 41-41 which would be a 7th seed in the East where they should be. How is Memphis in the Friggin Eastern Conference, they don't play in Vancouver anymore!!

Comment

the same exact Nuggets team with Billups and AI went to the WCF and almost upset LA, Martin still had bad knees and Nene still had a heart condition as well

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
        the same exact Nuggets team with Billups and AI went to the WCF and almost upset LA, Martin still had bad knees and Nene still had a heart condition as well
        Was just gonna say that...which goes back to what I said....AI only ever got close to a Championship once, and that was when he was the ONLY offensive option.

He only gives his all when he's the only offensive option. No one in their right mind will say Chauncey Billups is a better basketball player than AI, but Billups is a better team player than AI, and that's why the Nuggets got farther with him than they ever did with AI.

He's made it 100% clear that he'll never be happy unless he's the only one who can shoot the ball....and even in Memphis, there's guys that should take certain shots over him.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
        Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
        Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Agreed 10000%

Originally posted by selby56 View Post
          If by "it," you mean the ability to screw up a team because of his selfishness and stupidity, then yes, he still has "it."
          Click On Awesome Banner To Go To My Site

Comment

Good point, Billups is tough, he's used to the Mile High Air growing up in Denver/C.U. Buffaloes, lol.
            My whole thing is A.I. has averged almost 7 assists per game over his career, which is higher than Billups and he has a higher Field Goal % over his career. Remember Billups wasn't used correctly in Boston with Petino or Toronto-he might have been out of the league if he didn't end up in Detroit where he could defer to other players as talented as him and not be the big time scorer(until the 4th Quarter).
            From the perspective of watching him play, A.I. gives his heart and soul whether up by 20 or down by 20-with multiple injuries and a slight frame, little to do with whether he gets his shots-he just wants to win a title.
            Guess A.I. should have taken up chess instead...
            Last edited by rkamber1; 09-30-2009, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X