NBA Replacement Refs Call 73 Fouls In 1 Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Replacement Refs Call 73 Fouls In 1 Game

In the first NBA preseason game using Replacement Refs, 73 fouls were called in 1 Game on Sunday night. The game was between the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Milwaukee Bucks.

Hope this trend doesnt continue into the regular season or else games are going to last a lot longer than normal.

Now that is just stupid or shows how badly the regular refs allow some people to get away with fouls.
    Collecting Steelers and Nonsports Cards

George

Comment

Well at least no one has to worry about replacement refs possibly fixing any games.

Comment

73 fouls? The equivalent of 12 players fouling out?! That's ridiculous.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
        Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
        Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

LOL! No kidding. Hopefully the NBA and NBA Referee Union will strike a deal before the regular season starts. I mean if superstars start fouling out by half time because of replacement refs, fans will riot and want their money back.

Comment

Well maybe the superstars will finally be on an even playing field? No more Lebrons or Kobe's or others getting away with things because of who they are! I mean the phrase "no call" came from somewhere. I would like to see traveling called more. Some guys actually can run from half court and slam it and not get called!!!!!!

Why I could not sit and watch bskb, they should have to dribble ALL the time.
            Collecting Steelers and Nonsports Cards

George

Comment

Hey wait a minute, I need Kobe to get those non calls. LOL!

Comment

If this happens when i'm watching the game, i'll just stop, that takes all the enjoyment out of a game

Comment

Yeah it does, hopefully the NBA refs will end their lockout very soon. Plus I want to see a rematch race between Charles Barkley and Dick Bavetta. Plus to see if Joey Crawford will call anything else on Tim Duncan when he is on the bench. LOL!

Comment

Im sure this is just the beginning on the NBA fining coaches and players for criticizing the replacing referees.

Larry Brown was fined $60K on Wednesday. $35K for verbally abusing referees and failing to leave the court and $25K for publicly criticizing the referees. The Charlotte Bobcats was also fined $60K.

Lionel Hollins of the Memphis Grizzlies was fined $25K for criticism after a game Monday.

Comment

Wow.. Is that a record?
                      sigpic
                      Collecting: Red Sox, Patriots, and Celtics In Uniform Only! And BTL Autos!
                      *I USE PWE'S ON ALL SMALL TRADES THAT DO NOT INCLUDE A GU OR AUTO*

Comment

For criticizing referees I think so. I know the NBA fined Mark Cuban $250K a few seasons ago for trying to step on the court and trying to get too involved in the outcome of the game. A lot of fines given to owners and teams are sometimes behind closed doors and not released to the public.

Comment

Is it also a record for most fouls called in a game?
                          sigpic

Comment

I do believe 73 fouls in 1 game is a record, especially for a preseason game.

Comment

Cool
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X