Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars The Force Awakens - Now #1 Highest Domestic Film Of All Time $936 Million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars The Force Awakens - Now #1 Highest Domestic Film Of All Time $936 Million

Im going to wait until second weekend. If anyone watches it, post what you think about the movie.

I will wait a bit to see it too. Might see it around Christmas time. I have high hopes for it.
    My Photobucket
    Craig Kimbrel, Brian Orakpo, and Sean Taylor Super Collector!
    I also collect Lucky 13 Football RCs by Fleer Ultra (04-07 all versions), Texas Longhorns, Miami Hurricanes, Virginia Tech Hokies, and Virginia Cavaliers alum RC/GU/AU in college uni. Also like current Redskins and Braves RC/GU/AU, Roger Federer, and players from the 757 (Hampton Roads) area.

Comment

I have to see it this weekend so I'm not tempted to read the spoilers if I don't.
      Only trade for PC and wants and tradepage are in the link below:

https://sites.google.com/site/brettssportscardpage/

Comment

'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Targets Record Breaking $100M+ Opening Day - Box Office Mojo

Star Wars: The Force Awakens is firing on all cylinders, bringing in an estimated $57 million from Thursday evening "previews", breaking the previous record of $43.5 million set by Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 back in 2011. Additionally, the film's international rollout, which began on Wednesday in 12 markets, continued yesterday with an additional 32 markets and it has now crossed $72.7 million in its first two days internationally, with a global cume that now stands at $130 million. Star Wars adds Japan and Spain today along with its first full day in 4,134 North American theaters (a December record) as the sky is the limit on just how high this one will go.

Interestingly enough, $57 million is enough to break the all-time Thursday single day record of $50 million, which was set by Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith in 2005. Of course, as is standard operating procedure, Disney will be rolling these Thursday numbers into their overall Friday gross, which will almost certainly break the largest Friday, opening day and single day record currently held by Deathly Hallows - Part 2 at $91 million. As a matter of fact, once it crosses $84.62 million on Friday it will have already broken the December opening weekend record previously set by The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey. Add to that, it has already obliterated the largest December single day, also previously owned by The Hobbit, a paltry $37.13 million by comparison.

3D accounted for 47% of the evening's take along with $5.7 million from IMAX screenings, breaking the previous IMAX record of $3 million set by Avengers: Age of Ultron earlier this year.

For those curious, these Thursday preview numbers do include the Star Wars marathon screenings, which included back-to-back-to-back-etc. screenings of the first six Star Wars films leading up to the release of Force Awakens. Prices were upwards of $59.99 at AMC theaters per USA Today. Additionally, there is no set time as to when theaters specifically report Thursday preview numbers. Some may report grosses only up to midnight on Thursday, while others may report well into the Friday AM. All of which leads to one big question.

Comment

'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Crushes Records, Topping Largest Box Office Weekend of All Time - Box Office Mojo

Star Wars: The Force Awakens stormed the box office and walked away with $247.9 million in its first three days domestically (including $57 million in Thursday night "previews") along with another $281 million internationally for a massive $524.9 million worldwide opening. Suffice to say, this shatters the domestic box office opening weekend record of $208.8 million set by Jurassic World earlier this year as well as the worldwide opening weekend record, but the record-breaking doesn't end there.

In just its first day of release Force Awakens brought in $119.1 million setting a new record for the largest Friday, opening day and single day. All on its own, that opening day was also enough to break the previous December opening weekend record of $84.62 million set by The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in 2012.

Comment

'Star Wars: Force Awakens' Crosses $1 Billion Worldwide, Topping Christmas Weekend - Box Office Mojo

With the largest second weekend of all-time, Star Wars: The Force Awakens has now grossed more than $544 million domestically and another $546 million internationally, totaling over $1 billion in worldwide ticket sales in just twelve days. Along with five other new wide releases, it also sits atop the second largest weekend of all-time with the top twelve films grossing over $285 million as Daddy's Home defied expectations, cruising to an easy second place finish with an estimated $38.8 million. Otherwise, expectations were mostly met when it comes to fellow newcomers in Joy, Concussion and Point Break while The Hateful Eight performed quite well in its limited, 100 theater debut.

Topping the weekend for a second straight weekend with an estimated $153.5 million, Star Wars is now the second highest grossing domestic release of 2015 with $544.5 million and the 15th highest grossing worldwide release of all-time. It's also now the record holder for the largest second weekend of all-time, besting Jurassic World's previous record by a massive $46.9 million. In fact, the records are piling up so quickly it's becoming ridiculous as it is now the fastest movie to cross $100, $150, $200, $300, $350, $400, $450 and $500 million as well as holds the largest three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine and ten day gross. For even more of the over 35 records it now holds click here.

Force Awakens has topped the two largest weekends of all-time and next weekend the only added competition is the expansion of Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight. Avatar's domestic box office record of $760.5 million is very much in sight as Force Awakens is currently only $215.9 million shy of that number and has only been in domestic theaters for ten days. The question right now doesn't necessarily seem to be a matter of "if", but "when" followed by "How much?" A 3.5 times multiplier based on its opening weekend alone projects a $867.8 million domestic run... could it possibly go higher? A drop of 50% next weekend would still be enough to claim the largest third weekend of all-time as the stars seemed to be properly aligned for continued Star Wars box office glory.

Comment

Saw it this past weekend. It was pretty good. I'm not a huge star wars fan so maybe my expectations weren't as high as some of the super fans but I liked it. Some people are complaining about some similarities to episode 4 but I didn't mind it. I thought it was well done overall.
              Saw it in a nice theater, with food and beer delivered to my seat which made the experience even better.
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/victornegron/albums

Comment

Saw it 3 times. Once in IMAX 3D,once in 3D and once in 2D. Had a lot of the same elements of Episode IV but more importantly,brought the same feel as the original trilogy and without the constant need for CGI. That's something that Episodes I,II and III lacked. Can't wait until Episode VIII!!!
                Only trade for PC and wants and tradepage are in the link below:

https://sites.google.com/site/brettssportscardpage/

Comment

I finally watched it today. It was really good. After the stinkers that were Episodes 1-3, I was skeptical. Glad Disney bought this from Lucas and made a good sequel.

Comment

'Star Wars' Crosses $700 Million Domestically as 2016 is Off to a Strong Start - Box Office Mojo

This first weekend of 2016 is the second largest January weekend of all-time. The top twelve grossed an estimated $204.6 million, $4.5 million shy of the current record, set in 2009 when Avatar was king of the world. Star Wars: The Force Awakens, however, has its eye on Avatar's crown as it now sits in second place, just $20 million behind Avatar's all-time domestic record, and over $1.5 billion worldwide.

Beginning with Star Wars, Disney is estimating an $88.3 million weekend, which brings the film up to $740.2 million after only 17 days in theaters. It's the fastest film to cross $700 million domestically, doing in 16 days what took Avatar 72. The film has broken 40 box office records (and those are just the records BoxOfficeMojo officially tracks at this time) and is currently the sixth highest grossing release worldwide with an estimated $1.51 billion. It will be in fourth place by the close of business tomorrow night.

As for the weekend itself, don't be surprised to see Star Wars jump up a few million. Rival studios project the weekend to be around $91 million, which would give it the largest January weekend of all-time. Disney is most likely being conservative with their numbers, estimating a rather steep 43.6% Sunday drop.

Comment

'Star Wars: Force Awakens' Becomes Highest Grossing Domestic Release of All-Time - Box Office Mojo

With an updated gross of $764.4 million thru Wednesday, Jan. 7, Star Wars: the Force Awakens is officially the highest grossing film of all time in the domestic market. By the end of this coming weekend it will become the only film to cross $800 million domestically as the conversation then turns to its continuing international prospects.

With an updated gross of $764.4 million thru Wednesday, Jan. 7, Star Wars: the Force Awakens is officially the highest grossing film of all time in the domestic market. It took a mere 20 days for the film to surpass the previous record of $760.5M held by Avatar, which not only took a total of 318 days to achieve, but was spread across two releases.

When adjusted for inflation Force Awakens still has a long, long way to go to top Gone with the Wind's $1.73 billion, but it has moved to 20th position on the chart, just ahead of Raiders of the Lost Ark bringing to light another milestone.

Harrison Ford now tops the BoxOfficeMojo people index, surpassing longtime chart topper and fellow Star Wars alum, Samuel L. Jackson. The domestic box office take for Ford's films before adjusting for inflation totals a whopping $4.69 billion, topping Jackson by $73 million. Adjusted for inflation, Ford has no competition as his total reaches $9.36 billion, over $2.2 billion more than Tom Hanks in second place.

While Force Awakens' record breaking accomplishment is worthy of note, it's just the beginning. By the end of this coming weekend the record will be an afterthought as The Force Awakens will become the only film to cross $800 million domestically. From there the conversation turns to its continuing international prospects.

Ever since its record-shattering opening weekend the question of whether The Force Awakens would top Avatar domestically was more a matter of "When?" than "If?" A well-timed release, the proliferation of IMAX screens and rising ticket prices certainly helped matters, but now attention turns to the international and global box office numbers. International numbers for Star Wars are relatively even with domestic totals so far, which is saying something when compared to the likes of worldwide chart toppers such as Avatar, Titanic and Jurassic World, all of which saw over 60% of their worldwide total come from overseas markets. A whopping 72.7% of Avatar's number came from oveseas.

In fact, if you look at the top 25 films on the worldwide chart, Force Awakens is one of only six films with less than 60% of their overall worldwide gross coming from international territories. Also interesting is one of the closest films to matching Force Awakens in this regard is Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace with a 46.2/53.8 domestic to international split. The only film in the top 25 to generate more domestically than it did internationally is The Dark Knight.

At this point, it's difficult to determine just how big it will go, most of all because it has yet to release in China where Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader and the Force aren't exactly known quantities. The original trilogy was screened in China for the first time just last June while the prequel films generated a combined $18.7 million upon their release in China. Force Awakens will obviously do better than that upon its release this Saturday, Jan. 9, but will it be able to match the $228 million earned by Jurassic World or the $240 million brought in by Avengers: Age of Ultron?

The film's global box office currently stands at $1.57 billion and $2 billion seems likely at this point, but if it wants to threaten Titanic's $2.186 billion for that second spot on the worldwide chart it's going to need some help. As for Avatar's $2.78 billion... it seems well out of reach at this point.

Comment

'The Revenant' Storms the Box Office; 'Star Wars' Opens with $53M in China - Box Office Mojo

We find The Force Awakens taking first place for the fourth weekend in a row with an estimated $41.6 million. With that it has become the first film to gross over $800 million domestically with a massive $812 million and isn't done yet. Add to that it just brought in an estimated $53 million in its first two days in China. Disney is reporting this as the largest Saturday/Sunday opening of all-time in the country, but it should be noted it's the only film to have ever opened on a Saturday in China. That said, it obviously scored the biggest Saturday opening of all-time.

Globally, Star Wars is now the third highest grossing worldwide release of all-time with over $1.73 billion. Based on international numbers alone, it is now the seventh highest grossing release with $921.4 million, just behind Avengers: Age of Ultron. The most obvious goal now is to become only the third film ever to cross $2 billion worldwide.

Comment

'Ride Along 2' #1, 'Revenant' Holds Strong and 'Star Wars' Crosses $1 Billion Internationally - Box Office Mojo

Falling from the weekend top spot for the first time since its December 18 release, Star Wars: The Force Awakens brought in an estimated $25.1 million for the three-day weekend and is looking at $31 million for the four-day as its domestic cume has now grown to $856.9 million. Meanwhile, it has become the fifth highest grossing release internationally and only the fifth film to bring in over $1 billion from overseas territories. It's international cume has now grown to $1.012 billion, resulting in over $1.8 billion worldwide. It currently sits only $4.1 million shy of Jurassic World's overseas gross and will soon top Furious 7's $1.16 billion for third place on the list.

Comment

This was a very well done movie.
                            http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

I liked the movie. It got long in the middle of it but it was still good. Glad it picked up from the Empire Strikes Back because I did not watch the prequels. I saw it in 3D.

Comment

Working...
                              X