Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opening Day Hunger Challenge Contest - Please Join!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening Day Hunger Challenge Contest - Please Join!

I've been thinking/hearing a lot about how much we have here as opposed to other countries, and how 10,000 (I've heard more in other places) children die due to starvation and treatable diseases EACH DAY.

How crazy is that?!?

We can't save the world, but as I'm sure most of us are here in America, we are blessed way beyond what the majority of the world goes through. To top it off, we have an awesome hobby and sport!

THE CHALLENGE
    From now until April 3rd, (Opening Day) I challenge you to not go out to eat at restaurants or fast food places. Instead, take that money and put it to work to help the less fortunate!

EXAMPLE
    Let's say if you take out your family of 3 to Chipotle on Sundays (That's what we do.) The bill comes out to be $23 and some change. Instead, use that to help someone else while you instead eat something at home.

I'd like to limit it to Compassion International, as I know very well that they do good with the donations. Here is a link to check out: Charitable Gifts Catalog - you actually get to choose where your money goes to. it is really neat to be able to sit down as a family and choose what to give!

THE CONTEST
    For every $20 you give, you will be given a "spot" in a randomized drawing (these spots will be comprised of members of multiple baseball forums/groups I frequent). Just post in this thread that #1 you are IN and #2 some sort of proof of your giving each time you do.

THE WINNER
    The winner first will get a custom A&G style baseball card of themselves stating they won the Opening Day Hunger Challenge Contest.

IN ADDITION TO THAT ....
    If this contest generates more than $1,000 in giving, the winner will also be given $50. If the contest generates more than $2,500 in giving, the winner will be given $100.

INSTRUCTIONS
    You can post your proof of your giving here to simply email it to me at tanmanbaseballfan@gmail.com with the subject line showing your username and the forum you are from with an attached receipt of some sort.

We have a LOT to look forward to this season, so make that opening day pizza you know you are going to order all that more meaningful by fasting from restaurants for the next few weeks to help others around the world eat.

If you put your money to work for others instead of at restaurants, this won't cost you a penny more than you would have already spent. Plus, you will probably be a bit more healthy because of it!

ARE YOU IN???
    Last edited by mouschi; 03-14-2016, 07:25 AM.
    I Super Collect Jose Canseco - Have any rare ones? I might be interested!
    www.TanManBaseballFan.com

The opening day hunger challenge is now over! Through this challenge, here is what was donated:

- Family Donation of $50
    - School Desk / Supplies
    - Goats
    - Water Wells
    - Water Bundle (water wells, hygene training, bathroom at a Compassion center and "where most needed" fund)
    - Child Survival Program

All this because a small handful of people decided to give money that would have gone to a few meals at a restaurant. I'm blessed to know all of you who have decided to give for those who are in dire straits. The positive impact you have made on these people is far greater than any of us will probably be able to comprehend!

I hope we can take a look at what we spend our money on and at least keep in the back of our minds what good it would do for others. Here is the link again to bookmark if you ever feel the desire to give. Compassion's Gift Catalog

The winner of the contest for the custom card is: Jason.1969 from the Net54 forums. Congratulations Jason! Please don't forget to send me a picture of yourself. You will soon be immortalized on a custom a&g style baseball card

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’
    - Matthew 25:35-41
    I Super Collect Jose Canseco - Have any rare ones? I might be interested!
    www.TanManBaseballFan.com

Comment

Working...
    X