Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ducks Sign Cam Fowler To 8 Years $52 Million

Anaheim Ducks give 8-year extension to Cam Fowler

The Anaheim Ducks have signed cornerstone defenseman Cam Fowler to an eight-year, $52 million contract extension through the 2025-26 season, the team announced Saturday.

Fowler, 25, has been a fixture on the Ducks' blue line since he unexpectedly fell to Anaheim at 12th overall in the 2010 draft. The U.S. Olympian was outstanding last season, getting a career-best 11 goals and 28 assists before adding nine points in the postseason.

"Cam Fowler is the type of player we want here long term," Ducks general manager Bob Murray said in a statement. "He has the obvious skill set, but also tremendous character and a drive to succeed. As good as he is, he's not yet in his prime years, so we know the best is yet to come."

He ranked ninth among NHL defensemen last season with five power-play goals and tied for eighth with three game-winning goals.

In seven NHL seasons, Fowler has scored 217 points in 494 career games.

"From top to bottom, Anaheim has always treated me right and given me a really great opportunity right from the very start," Fowler said in a phone interview. "With the coaching staff we have in place, our ownership and the roster that we have, I really feel like we're very close, and I think we've proven that."
Working...
X