Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASCAR's 1st Hall of Fame Class inducted...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASCAR's 1st Hall of Fame Class inducted...

NASCAR is in the process of finishing up their own Hall of Fame in Charlotte, and today they announced the first five NASCAR figures to be enshrined...

Richard Petty
    Dale Earnhardt Sr
    Junior Johnson
    Bill France Sr
    Bill France Jr

Thoughts?

I voted for four of those guys, didn't vote for Bill Jr, voted for David Pearson instead. Anyways....the building looks amazing, if anyone is around Charlotte, I'd recommend checking it out once it's opened next spring!

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Didn't vote (didn't know that you could) but yeah I'd agree with that

Just kind of curious as to what kind of a racer you have to be currently

Will the likes of Martin, Gordon, and Johnson get in or not?

Somebody else would be somebody like Tony Stewart...will he get in?

I think it's a great step in Nascar's growth
    sigpic

Comment

As far as current guys go, I think Gordon, Stewart, and Johnson are the only guarantees once they all retire. Martin would be a possibility, if not just for what he did in Cup, but what he's done in the Busch Series over his career, but outside of those four, I don't see many other current guys getting in, based off of what they've done so far in their careers.

Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

I think Joey Lagano has a chance...and if Danica Patrick comes over I think she might just because she would be the first women to race in Nascar.

What about a guy like Carl Edwards?

If he has a good rest of his career, he's a guy that I can see getting in...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sports Collector View Post
          I think Joey Lagano has a chance...and if Danica Patrick comes over I think she might just because she would be the first women to race in Nascar.

What about a guy like Carl Edwards?

If he has a good rest of his career, he's a guy that I can see getting in...
          There's been females in NASCAR before.

Carl, possibly. Him and Kyle would be the only other ones who I think when it's all said and done could have a chance, but they'd have to be real good the rest of their careers, and right now they're both too inconsistent.

Logano's too young to call, but he's got the talent.

Johnson/Mears/
          Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

racers?

I don't think anyone would ever vote in Kyle lol...He seems to be kind of a jerk to me but that's just from the interveiw I've seen

Dale Jr. was good early but lately he has tailed but if he finishes strong, I think he also has a chance but it's a long shot
            sigpic

Comment

Yea.....Janet Guthrie, Shawna Robinson, etc.

Kyle has all the potential in the world....if he ends his career with 50+ Cup wins, 100+ Nationwide wins, 20+ Truck wins, and a couple championships, it'd be hard to not note him in.

Dale Jr. doesn't deserve it....he's got a couple Busch titles, but that's about it. Although he's still got time to improve his stats.

Johnson/Mears/
              Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

I don't know how long a racer's career lasts but let's say DEJ races for 15 more years

If he wins 3 sprint cups (very possible if he turns it around) in that span, it's also hard not to vote him in
                sigpic

Comment

If he had 3 Sprint Cup championships, then for sure he'd be in the HOF eventually. But he's already been at it for 10 years, and hasn't really come close yet. I just don't think he has the talent to win multiple championships (I personally don't think he'll ever even win one, but that's just me.)

Johnson/Mears/
                  Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

I think he will win one...

He's just to talented not to imo...He's good he's just got a confidence problem...
                    sigpic

Comment

He's got the best equipment in NASCAR, and he can't even break the top-20 in points? If he had a last name other than Earnhardt, he wouldn't even be in the Cup series. I don't think he's that talented at all.

Johnson/Mears/
                      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

He's shown in the past he has the skills I think

I think he has the talent he just has to take a break and put it to use
                        sigpic

Comment

Definitely think David Pearson should have been inducted right away. He is 2nd all-time to The King's 200 wins, and 7 championships with 105 wins, and he also has 3 championships. Boby Allison deserves some serious consideration as well with his 84 wins, and 1 championship. He also finished runnerup 5 times. Darrell Waltrip has 84 wins, and 3 championships plus 3 runner up finishes. Cale Yarborough is another one that has 83 wins, and 3 championships with 3 2nds. I also think Rusty Wallace has a shot with his 1 championship, 2 runner ups, and 55 wins. I could add a few more like Lee Petty (54 wins, 3 championships, 3 2nds), Ned Jarrett (50 wins 2 championships, and 1 2nd), and finally "Awesome Bill" Elliott who one 1 championship, and finished 2nd 3 times. He also has 44 career victories. Let's not forget the 210.364mph mark he set at Daytona, and the 212.809mph at dega that forced nascar to go to restrictor plates at these tracks.

Current drivers that will be no brainers are Jimmy Johnson, and Jeff Gordon. Mark Martin may have a shot if he can pull off a championship this year, to go with his 40 wins.
                          Last edited by Leafsfan1967; 10-15-2009, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X