Scott Speed Sues Red Bull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Speed Sues Red Bull

A NASCAR driver usually don't sue his car owner after parting ways, since taking legal action could dissuade potential future car owners from getting involved with the driver.

But after more than seven years with Red Bull in both Formula One and NASCAR, Scott Speed has made that move, suing his former team for alleged breach of contract in a complaint asking the court to award him $6.5 million, SceneDaily.com reported late Friday.

Red Bull "significantly reduced its financial commitment to Speed's race team and was unable and/or unwilling to provide [Speed] with 'supporting equipment' satisfactory for a driver of [his] skill to [be] effective [to] compete in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series," Speed's complaint states, according to SceneDaily.

Speed's complaint, according to SceneDaily, said Red Bull "withheld financial and technological ... resources to prevent his team from fielding competitive race cars throughout the 2010 Sprint Cup Series season."

I'm sure over the next few days, and weeks, we will see alot of mud slinging.
    Randy
    United States Air Force, Retired
    ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
    balance of life, an individual diagnosed
    with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Ugh...I get the feeling the only reason he's suing them is because of the WAY he was fired. The way it was done made him mad enough to try and find a decent enough reason to sue RBR.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Working...
    X