Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A very tough decision...I hope I made the right one..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very tough decision...I hope I made the right one..

My father has been ill for some time with a bone infection in his right foot and leg. The infection has been gettin worse and is now into the leg, close to the knee. The doctors contacted me and told me that they had to amputate his leg. To give you some backround, my father is 80 and suffers from Dimentia and had several debilitating strokes. To make a long story short, I have to make any decisions for him when it comes to his health. The doctors said without the amputation, my father had weeks. Even though there is no guarantee on the amputation resolving this, the doctors were optimistic.

My father would have never wanted his leg amputated, but I could not sit back and do nothing. The doctors stated that the bone infection would be very painful. For two weeks I labored with this decision and I finally gave the go ahead. All I can ask is that God be merciful with my dad. I cant tell you how difficult this decision has been, no sleep in two weeks. The surgery is Wednesday, I sure hope God has guided me to make the right decision..

Tom
    http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x11/tomsphotoarray/

Will be praying for you, your dad, and your family, Tom. Stay strong, my friend.

Comment

Good luck bud... It has to be a tough decision but by your post, it sounds the only decision...

Comment

Sorry to hear that man. Hope everything turns out well keep your head up and god will guide you. I will pray for you and your family. God Bless

Looking for current bucs and anything from miami university (the U) let me know what you got base cards included. Looking for cards pictures anything you got lmk

Comment

Tom....you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. I can't imagine having to make that decision....and I agree with Frank....tough decision, but sounds like the correct one.
          Randy
          United States Air Force, Retired
          ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
          balance of life, an individual diagnosed
          with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

Tom, sorry to hear about your dad. Just turn it ALL over to God, He'll take care of you & your dad. He is the ONLY ONE who knows the plan. I know decisions like that are hard, my wife & I 7 1/2 years ago had to make the decision to have the plug pulled on our youngest daughter (1 1/2 months short of 21). God has gotten us through it, and He'll do the same for you.

God Bless, Rodney

The main items Im looking to trade for are
            Baseball HOFers Autos I need
            Orioles Autos I need
            Baseball HOFers GU I need
            Orioles GU I need
            Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
            However other offers will be considered

Comment

Tom,
              you and your dad and your whole family will be in my prayers.

I feel for you on the decision making,it is not easy (I had to do this for my dad) and I was torn.

My father never wanted to have a tracheotomy but the doctors felt he would make it and it was all up to me,my mom was too distraught and told me to decide.

Roy
              Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Im sorry to hear about this Tom. I will keep you and your father in my prayers.

Comment

A tough decision indeed. You did what you believed to be the best thing for your fathers circumstances and well being, so I definitely think you made the best judgement call. My thoughts will be with you and yours during this rough time.
                  TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
                  A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words... Surgery is tomorrow. I am getting real anxious, hoping I made the right decision..
                    http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x11/tomsphotoarray/

Comment

Working...
                    X