This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the Product Hit Tracker Works

One of the main goals of The Cardboard Connection is to create the most comprehensive database of sports card product information on the Internet. Our database features close to 1500 products already, and grows weekly. We provide a great selection of set information, checklists, reviews, and hot auctions, but one thing that has been missing is the ability to feature high end pulls from sets in an easy to navigate fashion. We hope to change that by kicking off this new section to the forum devoted solely to tracking big hits which surface for sale on eBay. But we can't do it alone and need your help.

As a token of our appreciation for you helping us keep this section up to date and thorough, we will be giving away tons of free boxes of cards to those that participate.

Each product will be tracked in a single thread, and the threads can only be started by mods. To participate, simply look around eBay to find a cool card and post a link to the auction as a response. If you feel extra helpful, also include an image of the card in your post. If you have more then 5 listings that you'd like to share in a given thread, please break them into multiple posts and share them that way.
    Last edited by key2win; 07-04-2017, 08:49 PM.
    Mike Smeth, Owner

This is a really cool idea! I look forward to more things like this!
    ~Chris
    U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
    Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
    Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Absolutely! Obviously not every tracker will have a prize, but I do have a bunch more boxes to give away for stuff like this.

But ideally I would like to have a tracker for every new release. Just make sure you follow the exact format (minus the contest related details) so that it has a consistent feel to it that people get used to. Each tracker should link back to the corresponding product info page on cardboardconnection.com. To find the product info page just use the search tool here or browse the sports card sets category. And make sure that we only have 1 thread / tracker per product.

So for example, the 2010-11 The Cup Hockey Hit Tracker should include a link to 2010-11 The Cup Hockey using the same format as he Topps Finest one.

Also, just as a heads up, I am going to be upgrading the image functionality on the site to make it a bit more like photobucket and allow members to upload all their images here. As soon as that is set up, it will be mandatory to use the forum's image service whenever you include images in the hit trackers. That way we know they will be there a few years from now.

Thanks

Mike
      Mike Smeth, Owner

Comment

Cool i will keep eye out allways surfing ebay
        http://photobucket.com/trades_bucket
        Collecting Panthers and Lots more

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

I love this idea. I can spend hours looking at each card. I just spend forever in the C Captain hit tracker thread.

This is a teriffic!!
            sigpic

CLICK ON RICHARD PETTY'S SWEET RIDE TO SEE MY ITEMS LISTED ON EBAY. GREAT DEALS ON CARDS!!!

Comment

I'm new, where do I put the ebay link when posting? Do I post the pic through photobucket or is there a easier way? Thanks

Comment

KBartle - hey you can post the EBAY links on the Product Hit Tracker forum. Find the thread that relatest to the product and post away. The scans we get are the ones from EBAY. If you click on the EBAY photo link, you can right click on it and post the IMG code to have the picture post on this site.

Comment

How To Post Link And Pic

This may not be the right forum, so feel free to move this.

Ive seen a lot of new members asking how to post links and pics in the hit tracker, so I thought I'd try to help with this step by step.

Once you have found the card on ebay:

1) Open a message box to reply
                  2) Right click on the pic and choose "copy link location"
                  3) Right click your message box and choose paste
                  4) Right click on the ebay pic again and choose "copy image location"
                  5) In the message box pane, there's a small yellow box with a mountain in it called "insert image", left click on that
                  6) After the insert image box opens, clear out the "http://" that's there and
                  7) Right click and choose paste
                  8) Click OK
                  9) Click submit on your message
                  10) You're done!

Hope this helps!

Comment

Great idea ! Answers alot of my questions and thoughts about the ROI on products and which items are most popular too. The community on these forums is amazing!

`Mike

Comment

Not seeing a Benchwarmer thread....lot of sweet cards coming from these products.
                      Pics: http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/casket_photos/

Comment

If a thread for 5 Star baseball is made, I'll post my Puig 1/1 auto

Comment

Working...
                        X