X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Bowman Chrome Baseball

2010 BOWMAN CHROME BASEBALL

PRODUCT INFO:

One of the best Rookie classes in years, 2010 Topps MLB products are loaded with top rookie talent.
    Try for top prospects: Chapman, Sano, Hechavarria, Gibson, Miller, Vizcaino, Strasburg, & many more.

Look for (1) Bowman Chrome Autograph Card per box!!
    Each pack contains (2) Bowman Chrome Prospect Cards.
    Find NEW! Bowman Chrome Team USA Autograph Cards!!

Look for the following 2010 Bowman Chrome Autographed Prospect Cards:
    Aroldis Chapman
    Miguel Sano
    Adeinis Hechavarria
    Kyle Gibson
    Shelby Miller
    Arodys Vizcaino
    Stephen Strasburg

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS:

* Stephen Strasburg Autograph Rookie Cards!
    * One Autograph Card per Box!
    * Under 18 Team USA Baseball Autograph Cards!
    * 110 Bowman Chrome Prospect Cards - 2 Per Pack!
    * Hobby Exclusive 1/1 Printing Plates!
    * Hobby Exclusive Super-Fractor Parallels!
    * Hobby Exclusive Logoman Patch Cards!
    * 7 Parallel Cards Per Box!

BOWMAN CHROME AUTOGRAPH CARDS - 25 subjects (1 PER HOBBY BOX!)
    * Stephen Strasburg Autograph Rookie Card - 1 subject
    * Prospect Autograph Cards - 24 subjects
    Super-Fractor - 25 subjects (Each is a 1 of 1! Hobby Exclusive)
    Red Refractor - 25 subjects (Numbered^ to 5!)
    Orange Refractor - 25 subjects (Numbered^ to 25!)
    Gold Refractor - 25 subjects (Numbered^ to 50!)
    Blue Refractor - 25 subjects (Numbered^ to 150!)

BOWMAN CHROME PROPSPECT CARDS - 770 variations (2 PER PACK!)
    * Prospects - 110 subjects
    Super-Fractor - 110 subjects (ach is a 1 of 1! Hobby Exclusive)
    Red Refractor - 110 subjects (Numbered^ to 5!)
    Orange Refractor - 110 subjects (Numbered^ to 25!)
    Gold Refractor - 110 subjects (Numbered^ to 50!)
    Blue Refractor - 110 subjects (Numbered^ to 150!)
    Refractor - 110 subjects (Numbered^ to 500!)

BOWMAN CHROME TEAM USA AUTOGRAPH CARDS - 160 variations (ADDITIONAL HIT!)
    * Team USA Baseball Under 18 - 20 subjects (1:5 HOBBY BOXES)
    Super-Fractor - 20 subjects (Each is a 1 of 1! Hobby Exclusive)
    Red Refractor - 20 subjects (Numbered^ to 5!)
    Orange Refractor - 20 subjects (Numbered^ to 25!)
    Gold Refractor - 20 subjects (Numbered^ to 50!)
    Blue Refractor - 20 subjects (Numbered^ to 99!)
    Refractor - 20 subjects (Numbered^ to 199!)
    * Team USA Baseball Dual Autograph Cards - 20 subjects/10 cards (Numbered^ to 500!)

BOWMAN CHROME INSERT CARDS - 540 variations
    * Team USA Baseball Under 18 - 20 subjects (4 PER BOX!)
    Super-Fractor - 20 subjects (Each is a 1 of 1! Hobby Exclusive)
    Red Refractor - 20 subjects (Numbered^ to 5!)
    Orange Refractor - 20 subjects (Numbered^ to 25!)
    Gold Refractor - 20 subjects (Numbered^ to 50!)
    Blue Refractor - 20 subjects (Numbered^ to 150!)
    Refractor - 20 subjects (Numbered^ to 500!)
    * Topps 100 Prospects - 100 subjects
    Super-Fractor - 100 subjects (Each is a 1 of 1! Hobby Exclusive)
    Gold Refractor - 100 subjects (Numbered^ to 50!)
    Refractor - 100 subjects (Numbered^ to 499!)

BOWMAN CHROME BASE CARDS- 220 subjects
    * Veterans - 180 subjects
    * Rookies - 40 subjects

BOWMAN CHROME BASE PARALLEL CARDS - 1,320 variationS
    Super-Fractor - 220 subjects (Each is a 1 of 1! Hobby Exclusive)
    Red Refractor - 220 subjects (Numbered^ to 5!)
    Orange Refractor - 220 subjects (Numbered^ to 25!)
    Gold Refractor - 220 subjects (Numbered^ to 50!)
    Blue Refractor - 220 subjects (Numbered^ to 150!)
    Refractor - 220 subjects (Numbered^ to 550!)

BOWMAN CHROME PRINTING PLATES - 1,496 plates (Each is a 1 of 1!)
    * Base and Prospect Cards - 330 cards/1,320 plates
    * Prospect Autograph Cards - 24 cards/96 plates
    * Team USA Baseball Autograph Cards - 20 cards/80 plates

MLB LOGOMAN PATCH CARDS - 5 subjects (Numbered^ to 50! Hobby Exclusive)

18 packs per box, 4 cards per pack

HERE IS WHAT WE PULLED FROM THE BREAK:

BASE CARDS:

Close-up action shots of most of the game’s biggest stars and veterans featuring a red border around the card. There are a total of 180, usually 1-2 per pack, making it a challenge for the set collector. We pulled an average of 1 per pack: Vladimir Guerrero, David Ortiz, Chipper Jones, Rick Porcello, Johnny Damon, Alfonso Soriano x2, Justin Morneau, Kendry Morales, Manny Ramirez, Kazuo Matsui, Josh Johnson, Max Sherzer, Mat Latos, Jeff Francoeur, Felix Hernandez, Victor Martinez, and Alex Rios.

ROOKIE CARDS:

40 cards of the newest players added to the MLB rosters with the MLB RC logo in the top corner of the card and a green border. We pulled: Luis Atiliano, Cesar Valdez x2, Eric Young Jr., Brian Matusz, Mike Stanton, and Ruben Tejada.

TOPPS 100:

Inserts featuring 100 prospects and rookies inserted with approximately one per box. We pulled: Topps 100 Base of Scott Sizemore #/999 and a Refractor of Matt Hobgood #/499.

PROSPECTS:

The first cards made of most of the players featuring the traditional white border with the Blue Bowman Chrome 1st card logo. We pulled: Aroldis Chapman, Pedro Baez, Simon Castro, Anthony Bass, Max Walla, Gary Sanchez, Wilin Rosario, Scott Barnes, Adienis Hechavarria, Jordan Pacheco, Jonathan Villar, Andrei Lobanov, Jerry Sands, Dan Tuttle x2, Jose Yepez x2, Corban Joseph, Josh Stinson, Jacob Cowan, Robinson Chirinos, Jeremy Barnes, Avery Barnes, Josh Satin, Vince Belnome, Thomas Di Benedetto, Ryan Weigand, Craig Clark, Tommy Pham, Ethan Hollingsworth, Rossmel Perez, Brandon Short, Kyle Seager, and Tim Pahuta.

TEAM USA PROSPECTS:

20 cards featuring members of the Under 18 USA Baseball Team. Most of these players either just graduated or are still in high school, with potential to become the game's next big superstars. These cards have a white border with a USA Baseball logo on the bottom left of the card. We pulled: Tony Wolters, Nicky Delmonico, Daniel Camarena, and Henry Owens x2.

REFRACTORS:

Always one of the more popular inserts in Bowman Chrome, especially the sequentially numbered colored parallels. Unfortunately we did not pull any colored refractors. We pulled base refractors of: Kenshin Kawakami, Victor Martinez, AJ Burnett, and Chad Billingsley.

AUTOGRAPH:

The most sought after card in Bowman Chrome Baseball is always the on-card rookie autographs. As mentioned above, some are already hot and others it takes time. Either way, it is nice to see some products sticking to the tradition of having an on card autograph. We pulled Marc Krauss.

FINAL THOUGHTS ON 2010 BOWMAN CHROME BASEBALL:
    This is always a great product if you are looking to nab the first cards of some of the potential future stars of the MLB. One of the difficult things is that you will generally have to “wait and see” with a lot of them. I think it is great that Bowman Chrome has included cards featuring the Under 18 USA baseball team. The portraits and photography of the players is also very sharp. Our box only had 4 refractors pulled and no colored versions. Most boxes will yield at least one serial numbered colored refractor. Another thing that is the case with most chrome cards is how they are a bit curved and some of them have smudges, although most will come off if it is rubbed with a cloth. The nice thing about Bowman Chrome Baseball is that right now you can get a box for anywhere between $50-60.

VALUE 4
    INNOVATION 3.5
    FUN & EXPERIENCE 4
    REBUY VALUE 4

OVERALL, I WOULD GIVE THIS TOPPS PRODUCT A “B”

I would like to thank Card Collectors World for giving me the opportunity to review this product and Topps for supplying us with the box.

TOPPS ANNOUNCES SPECIAL BOWMAN CHROME BASEBALL WRAPPER-REDEMPTION PROGRAM::

Topps announces for every 18 wrappers (HOBBY ONLY) of 2010 Bowman Chrome Baseball sent to the company, collectors will receive an exclusive 5-card pack of exclusive BLACK-BORDERED PARALLELS of 2010 BOWMAN BASEBALL cards. All 110 prospect subjects from 2010 Bowman Baseball will be included.

In addition, randomly inserted into these packs will be:
    - 37-card USA Baseball Bowman Chrome Black Bordered Autographs #'d to 25...featuring the 2010 Collegiate National Team and the 2010 18U National Team.
    - 5-card Bowman Chrome Rookies & Prospects Autographs #'d to 100... Featuring Buster Posey, Mike Stanton, Mike Moustakas, Miguel Sano and Dustin Ackley.

- And because of a production error, the previously announced Autographed 2010 Bowman Chrome USA BUYBACK program will now be included as part of this wrapper redemption. Cards will be sequentially numbered with foil stamping to 100 and will include Bryce Harper, James Taillon, Yasmani Grandal, Drew Pomeranz, Michael Choice, Christian Colon, Manny Machado, and Bryce Brentz.

The deadline for the promotion is 3/31/11

Wrappers should be sent to:
    ATTN: Bowman Chrome Promotion
    PO BOX 2230
    Duryea, PA 18642

If you would like information on NPN for this product mail a 3x5 card with name, address, and phone number to
    NPN 2010 Bowman Chrome Baseball
    P.O. Box 2008
    Duryea, PA 18642

STAY TUNED FOR CONTESTS WITH YOUR CHANCE TO WIN SOME OF THESE CARDS
    I am looking for: JJ Watt, Kawhi Leonard, George Springer, Carlos Correa, Jose Altuve, Panini Points...
    http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z260/leedawg62/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/143859720@N05/albums
    I don't deal outside the US

Nice review Leland. Topps and Bowman Chrome are always one of my favorite sets released every year. I like the look of the Topps 100 cards.

Comment

Nice review - nice looking cards.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
      Baseball HOFers Autos I need
      Orioles Autos I need
      Baseball HOFers GU I need
      Orioles GU I need
      Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
      However other offers will be considered

Comment

great review, thanks for doing it. I always like Bowman stuff, my problem is I dont follow prospects, so a lot of the names dont mean anything to me. still, I usually buy a box or so of this stuff every year, open it, and just sit on the rookies for a couple years, when the guys start playing in the bigs...

Comment

Wow!...love the look of the Topps 100.

Great looking set. Great review!
          Randy
          United States Air Force, Retired
          ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
          balance of life, an individual diagnosed
          with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

Now that I've completed my Bowman master sets it looks like I'll have to build the Bowman Chrome master sets too

Great review!
            TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
            A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

Nice review Leland!

Looks like a sharp set. Bowman Chrome is one of my favorites!
              - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

Originally posted by Mister_Ed View Post
                great review, thanks for doing it. I always like Bowman stuff, my problem is I dont follow prospects, so a lot of the names dont mean anything to me. still, I usually buy a box or so of this stuff every year, open it, and just sit on the rookies for a couple years, when the guys start playing in the bigs...
                I busted a case of 08 chrome in the summer, very good price, but i found it more fun as the players were starting to get to the majors so i actually knew who they were.

----

very nice review, chrome is always one of my favorite Baseball products

Comment

Bowman Chrome baseball,I have busted and reviewed a box the last couple of years except for this year.

Nice review Leland and I have always liked Bowman Chrome.

Roy
                  Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Working...
                  X