- 4 Autograph Rookie Cards
    - 8 Autograph MLB Future Star Cards
    - 6 Team USA Star Autograph Relic or Relic Cards
    - 1 Dual Autograph Card
    - 1 Dual Relic Card Box Topper
    - 6 Rookie Cards
    - 6 MLB Future Star Cards

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:
    AUTOGRAPH CARDS - 2 Per Pack - 13 Per Box!

Rookies: Twenty 2010 Rookies including Stephen Strasburg, appear with the MLB Rookie Card logo and a signature. 4 Per Box!

MLB Future Stars: Fifty minor league stars in major league uniforms with their autographs. 8 Per Box!
    Rookie and MLB Future Stars are paralleled as follows:
    - Red Refractor: 1 of 1.
    - Black Refractor: Numbered to 25.
    - Gold Refractor: Numbered to 50.
    - Refractor: Numbered to 199.

Dual Autograph Cards: Team USA Baseball 2010 Collegiate and 18U players pair up with each of their signatures on 16 numbered cards. 1 Per Box!
    Paralleled as follows:
    - Red Refractor: 1/1.
    - Refractor: Numbered to 99.

NEW! RELIC CARDS - 1 Per Pack - 6 Per Box!
    42 participants from Team USA Baseball 2010 Collegiate and 18U Teams appear on cards with a uniform memento.
    Paralleled as follows:
    - Patch Red Refractor: 1 of 1.
    - Autograph Relic Black Refractor: A relic swatch and signature highlight these cards numbered to 25.
    - Triple Relic Gold Refractor: Each young star appears with 3 relic swatches on cards numbered to 50.
    - Dual Relic Refractor: One player with 2 relics and numbered to 199.

BASE CARDS - 2 Per Pack - 12 Per Box!
    Rookie Cards: 50 up-and-comers with the "MLB Rookie Card" logo. 1 Per Pack!

MLB Future Stars: 50 promising players in their Major League uniforms awaiting their Major League debut. 1 Per Pack!
    Paralleled as follows:
    - Refractor: Numbered to 199.

PRINTING PLATES
    Printing Plates: The 4 plates used to make the autograph and non-autograph cards. 1/1!

BOX TOPPER - 1 Per Box!
    NEW! Dual Relic Cards: These relic cards feature 2 Rookie/Veteran MLB stand-outs with 2 swatches, embedded in unique die-cuts, and numbered to 199.
    Paralleled as follows:
    - Refractor: Numbered to 99.

Here is what we received in our box

Box Topper

I like the idea that every box top has an additional hit as opposed to a colored refractor card like in past years. We pulled a Jason Heyward/Mike Stanton Dual Bat Jersey #/199.

Rookies

The rookie cards as always have a very nice design on chome technology. We pulled a Stephen Strasburg, Domonic Brown Refractor #/199, and Josh Bell Black Refractor #/25.

MLB Future Stars

The Gold Refractors really stand out on the cards this year. We pulled 9: Yonder Alonso, J. J. Hoover, J. D. Martinez, Steven Hensley, Bryan Mitchell, Jerry Sands, Wil Myers, Tyler Chatwood Refractor #/199, and Wil Myers Gold Refractor #/50.

Relic Cards

This year the relics are all of USA prospects, which is a nice change from veterans in past years. We pulled 6: Nick Ramirez, Daniel Camarena, Henry Owens, Tony Wolters, Dillon Maples, and Noe Ramirez Refractor Dual Jersey #/199.

Autograph Cards

We pulled 2 Rookie Autographs: Danny Valencia and Daniel Hudson.

We were lucky enough to pull an Aroldis Chapman Autograph which is one of my favorites pulls of the box. We pulled 10 Prospect Autographs: Drew Pomeranz, John Singleton, Chance Ruffin, Hayden Simpson, Aroldis Chapman, Jameson Taillon, Delino DeShields, Chris Sale, Aaron Miller Refractor #/199, and Aaron Miller Gold Refractor #/50.

Dual USA Autographs

We were lucky enough to pull 2 Dual Autographs: Albert Almora/Marcus Littlewood and Jason Esposito/Sean Gilmartin Gold Refractor #/50.

Final Thoughts

Bowman Sterling is always fun to bust with multiple autograph/game used cards per pack and up to 20 hits per box! This product is ideal for collectors who want a ton of hits in a box. We pulled several very nice hits including an Aroldis Chapman Autograph. Topps improves their Bowman Sterling product every year and this release is no different. I cant wait to see what the future holds for Bowman Sterling Baseball products.

Product Rating

VALUE: 5
    INNOVATION : 4
    FUN & EXPERIENCE : 5
    REBUY VALUE: 4

OVERALL GRADE: A

NPN Information

Hand print your name and complete address on a 3 x 5 card and mail in a #10 envelope to:

NPN 2010 Bowman Sterling Baseball
    P.O. Box 765
    Pittston, PA 18640

Potential Canadian winners will be required to first correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question. Include on a 3 x 5 card the answer to the following skill-test question: 5 x 7 + 15 - 8 + ?

A HUGE thanks to Topps for letting us review this box for them

Please support the sponsors that support Card Collectors World!
    Last edited by key2win; 05-31-2011, 08:43 PM.

Kazmir Collection 1621/2986 - 54.2%

like Mohammed Ali I float like a butterfly
    but sting like poison ivy

My tradesite

Nice review - thanks. Looks like there were some good hits.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
    Baseball HOFers Autos I need
    Orioles Autos I need
    Baseball HOFers GU I need
    Orioles GU I need
    Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
    However other offers will be considered

Comment

sweet valencia
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
      I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

some really nice hits

Comment

sweet chapman!

Comment

The Sterling Autographs are really great looking cards.

Really a nice set of cards all-the-way around.
            Randy
            United States Air Force, Retired
            ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
            balance of life, an individual diagnosed
            with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

Very nice product review Chris. That is an impressive number of hits in the box. Congrats on the Chapman.

Comment

Great review bro. Sweet looking cards!
                TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
                A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

Nice looking cards. I'm not sure I'm into the whole only rookie thing. I like the chance of geting established players. The looks and the cards are nice. What is the price for these things? I guess with that many hits your bound to get something. I give it a 4

Comment

Very nice review, card design is great. I like the fact there are a lot of hits in each box.
                    HOFFMOEN
                    Looking for Auto's & G/u of NY Mets, NY Giants, HOFers, Old time players, 8x10 Photos & Celebrity Auto's
                    http://s514.photobucket.com/albums/t347/Hoffmoen/

http://www.4salebytubers.com/ccw/Store/Hoffmoen

I am currently Supercollecting the following players,

Mike Piazza, Jose Reyes, David Wright
                    Drew Bledsoe, Curtis Martin, Eli Manning, Tiki Barber, Brandon Jacobs, Odell Beckham Jr. New PC item - any card #ed 4/25

Comment

I always like the look of these cards.

And the cards stock they are on is very sturdy.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                      Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                      Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                      MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                      NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                      NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                      NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                      I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

this product is cool! I love the design. nice review!
                        U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
                        http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
                        Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
                        Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Those are sweet cards, already picked up the bradley jr./cole dua auto on ebay for like $20.
                          All cards I have are in EX or better condition (unless noted). I expect the same.

Please check this ebay link, new items always being listed http://shop.ebay.com/badago76/m.html...286.m570.l1537

Make sure to check out Chris Potter's newest private signings http://www.chrispottersports.com/next-signings

Comment

Holy cow, that is an incredible amount of hits from one box of cards. This product is gorgeous, as always. I just wish I knew the players pulled a little better. Need to get back into prospects, I guess? This must have been what you'd call a rookie hot box? Seems like it. Thanks for the great review, and thanks very much to Topps for allowing us the opportunity to bust, and review their fine products.

Comment

This actually wasn't a hot box.. The normal product has upwards of 20 or more hits!

Kazmir Collection 1621/2986 - 54.2%

like Mohammed Ali I float like a butterfly
                              but sting like poison ivy

My tradesite

Comment

Working...
                              X