Clear All

• 2010 Topps USA Baseball

2010 Topps Team USA Box Set

Each Box contains:
    - a 65-card set of sixty five 2010 Topps Team USA subjects PLUS
    - 5 Team USA Autograph cards PLUS
    - 2 Team USA Autograph Relic cards PLUS
    - 3 Team USA Relic cards

First of all, I would like to thank Topps for giving us here at CCW the opportunity to open and review this box.

Do you like baseball? Do you enjoy watching collegiate ball, and following the hottest high school and college baseball players and programs? If so, the 2010 Topps USA Baseball Box Set is a great pick-up for you. For about seventy dollars, you get the complete 65 card base set, featuring players from the Team USA U16, U18, and College level programs. In addition (and here's the best part) you get TEN hits per box! Five hard signed autographs, two triple jersey cards, and three autograph/jersey cards. The bang for your buck is undeniable - and if you are not a fan of building sets, this box saves you the trouble by including every base card.

What We Pulled

Base Cards

You get the complete 65 card base set in each box.

Game Used Cards

We pulled three triple jersey cards featuring Matt Barnes (Collegiate National Team), Sean Gilmartin (Collegiate National Team), and Ricardo Jacquez (18U National Team). None of the jersey cards are numbered. The design on these are simple and very appealing.

Autograph Cards

We pulled four hard signed autographs, instead of the stated five. Three were the base version and not numbered. These three autographs are of Peter O'Brien (Collegiate Team), Brian Ragira (18U National Team), and Sean Gilmartin (Collegiate National Team).

We also pulled a green ink short print autograph of Noe Ramirez (Collegiate National Team). This card is numbered out of only 25!

Autograph Game Used Cards

To make up for being short one hard signed autograph, we pulled three jersey/autograph cards. These are sticker autographs. The first two we pulled are both serially numbered out of 219. They depict Alex Dickerson (Collegiate National Team) and Marcus Littlewood (18U National Team).

I deliberately saved the best for last. Our final hit was this beauty of Kyle Winkler (Collegiate national team). It is a triple patch/autograph card, serially numbered out of only 50. Far and away, this is one of the nicest patch/autograph cards I have seen in a long time - and for it to come out of a product that doesnt cost 200 dollars a box is even better. I will let the scan speak for itself.

Final Thoughts

I will be honest, when I was asked to review this product, I didnt know what to expect. I dont open a lot of baseball, but opening this product was a huge amount of fun. Its hard to argue with ten hits and a complete set out of every box. There are no inserts, but many collectors dont care too much about those anyways. The cards are well designed with great photography. Having most of the autographs being on-card is always a nice bonus. Overall, I can't think of a product that was more fun to go through and open than this one. Thanks again to Topps for providing this box and to CCW for allowing me to review it.

Final Grades

Value: 5/5
    Rebuy: 4/5
    Product Design: 5/5
    "Big Hit" Potential: 4.5/5

I give Topps a solid A- for this product.

There is no NPN information for this product.

These cards will begin showing up in contests once the baseball season begins. Keep an eye out for them!

As always, please continue to support the sponsors that support CCW!
    Last edited by key2win; 03-31-2011, 08:55 PM.

sweet noe ramirez and great review. that patch auto is sweet looking too
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
    I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

Nice review, thanks. Good looking cards, especially the patch/auto.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
      Baseball HOFers Autos I need
      Orioles Autos I need
      Baseball HOFers GU I need
      Orioles GU I need
      Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
      However other offers will be considered

Comment

Nice review! The Patch auto is awesome!

Comment

These are pretty nice lookin' cards!

Good review Ed!
          - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

Wow 10 hits in a box for under $80 is a great deal. This seems like an amazing product for baseball collectors everywhere. Those hit cards look nice, especially since the GUs are Triple Jerseys. Congrats on pulling that Patch Card.

Comment

Pretty amazing looking product for this price point. 10 hits are unheard of from a product this well priced. I love the green inked version of the Ramirez card. 3 pieces on the mem cards are very nice, too.

Comment

Definitely nice cards. Not sure it is something I would collect. But pretty good looking stuff!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Simple design, but those autos really stand out I like the set. Not loving the jersey cards but Ive seen worse.
                  Thanks for showing.
                  sigpic

CLICK ON RICHARD PETTY'S SWEET RIDE TO SEE MY ITEMS LISTED ON EBAY. GREAT DEALS ON CARDS!!!

Comment

Amazing stuff! I love the Winkler It's a sweet card in person!

Comment

I was suprised to see all those hits, and nice looking stuff as well, thanks for the review.

Comment

nice

i like the look of the hits!

Comment

Solid review, I like that it has 10 hits per box.
                          HOFFMOEN
                          Looking for Auto's & G/u of NY Mets, NY Giants, HOFers, Old time players, 8x10 Photos & Celebrity Auto's
                          http://s514.photobucket.com/albums/t347/Hoffmoen/

http://www.4salebytubers.com/ccw/Store/Hoffmoen

I am currently Supercollecting the following players,

Mike Piazza, Jose Reyes, David Wright
                          Drew Bledsoe, Curtis Martin, Eli Manning, Tiki Barber, Brandon Jacobs, Odell Beckham Jr. New PC item - any card #ed 4/25

Comment

Nice set, maybe they could add other national teams in the future?
                            Collecting
                            GONZAGA'S GREATEST
                            Dan Dickau, Adam Morrison, Austin Daye, John Stockton, Ronny Turiaf, Blake Stepp and Richie Frahm
                            PM me if you have anything!

Comment

I really like these cards. The autos are nice and stand out. I've only of a couple of these players but that doesn't matter, the cards are still sweet!

Comment

Working...
                              X