Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Bowman Baseball

Set Features
    Configuration: 24 packs per box. 10 cards per pack.

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS
    BOWMAN BASEBALL LOADS THE BASES WITH:
    ALL AUTOGRAPHS SIGNED DIRECTLY ON-CARD
    - NEW Bryce Harper Autographed Prospect Cards
    - NEW Bowman 1948-'49 Buyback Cut Signature Cards
    - NEW Bowman International Parallel Cards
    - NEW Bowman's Best Insert Cards
    - NEW USA Baseball Patch Relic Cards
    - NEW 60th Anniversary Autograph Cards

CONTENT DESCRIPTION
    Bowman Prospects - 2 Per Hobby Pack
    Bowman Chrome Prospects - 2 Per Hobby Pack
    BOWMAN BASE CARDS - 5 Per Hobby Pack
    BOWMAN CHROME AUTOGRAPH CARDS - 1 Per Hobby Box
    INSERT CARDS - 23 Per Hobby Box
    NEW BOWMAN'S BEST - 4 Per Hobby Box
    NEW FINEST FUTURES - 3 Per Hobby Box
    NEW BOWMAN'S BRIGHTEST - 4 Per Hobby Box
    NEW TOPPS OF THE CLASS - 4 Per Hobby Box
    TOPPS 100 - 8 Per Hobby Box

Our 2011 Bowman Break

Base Cards

We pulled 96 of 220 Bowman base cards with no duplicates. The base cards have a nice action shot of each player and a black border that surrounds the card.

We pulled 48 of 110 Bowman Prospect base cards with no duplicates. The 1st year prospect design has a white border and an action shot of the player. The card design is very clean and helps make the card stand out.

We pulled 41 of 110 Bowman Chrome Prospect base cards with no duplicates. Like the regular Bowman 1st year cards, the design is very clean and has the same action shot of the player. Each year the 1st year Bowman Chrome Prospect cards are a must for any Baseball collector to get!

Inserts

We pulled 4 Bowman's Best insert cards of Nick Franklin, Manny Machado, Alex Rodriguez, and Felix Hernandez. This insert set was first introduced years back in a previous Bowman set. The reproduction of this insert set is a great selling point.

We pulled 3 Topps of the Class inserts of Grant Green, Brandon Allen, and Mike Olt. This set features some of the best young players that will be making an impact in the major leagues for years to come.

We pulled 3 Bowman's Brightest inserts of Dee Gordon, Engel Beltre, and Desmond Jennings. This set focuses on showing a prospect's biggest strength in their game.

We pulled 8 Topps 100 inserts of Simon Castro, Hak-Ju Lee, Jurickson Profar, Slade Heathcott, Brody Colvin, Charles Brewer, Allen Webster, and Kyle Gibson. This set features the top 100 prospects going into the current year.

We pulled 6 Finest Futures inserts of Gordon Beckham, Aroldis Chapman, Freddie Freeman, Ike Davis, Mat Latos, and Stephen Strasburg. This set features young baseball players who are expected to be big stars in the near future.

Parallels

We pulled 3 International parallels of Josh Johnson, Carl Crawford, and Corey Jones. These parallels have a piece of the global map behind the picture of the player.

We pulled 24 Bowman gold parallels of Josh Hamilton, Ted Lilly, Chris Johnson, Joe Mauer, Jorge Posada, CC Sabathia, J.P. Arencibia, Paul Konerko, Alex Rios, Tommy Hanson, Magglio Ordonez, Stephen Drew, Jason Castro, Chris Young, Brandon Morrow, Jered Weaver, Edinson Volquez, Vladimir Guerrero, Nick Markakis, Justin Morneau, Adam Dunn, Kevin Youkilis, Brent Morel, and John Lindsey. The gold parallels fall 1 per pack and have the same design as the normal base card, but with a big gold border.

Serial Numbered

We pulled 1 orange parallel of Brett Wallace and its numbered #120/250.

We pulled 1 Blue Refractor of Gabriel Jacobo and its numbered #239/250.

Autograph Cards

We pulled a Brandon Belt 1st year Bowman Chrome Autograph. Topps always does a great job with these Autographs and this year is the same. The autograph is an on card autograph.

We pulled an extra Autograph which is a Dillon Gee Blue Refractor Rookie Autograph numbered #59/250. The Autograph is also an on card autograph.

Final Thoughts

Bowman is always a very popular set and I expected it to be no different this year. This is a great product for set collectors, collectors who enjoy getting prospects, or basically any collector in general. The base set this year has some unique action shots with a great roster of players. There are also a lot of insert sets in this product that are very creative and innovative. There is always a chance for a huge hit you could pull! We pulled an extra autograph card in our box which is a plus.

Product Rating
    • Value = 5
    • Innovation = 5
    • Fun and Experience = 5
    • Rebuy Value = 5

I rate this product an A+ for Topps!

NPN Information

Open only to U.S/Canadian (except Quebec) residents. For a chance to obtain any of the cards listed above, at the same odds, while supplies last, hand print your name and complete address on a 3 x 5 card and mail in a #10 envelope to:

NPN 2011 Bowman Baseball
    P.O. Box 763
    Pittston, PA 18640

Only one card per envelope, mailed separately, postmarked by August 10, 2011 and recieved by August 17, 2011. No metered mail. Limit 1 request per household for 2011 Bowman Baseball. Failure to comply will result in all entries disqualified. Drawings on or about August 24, 2011. Potential Canadian winners will be required to first correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question. Include on a 3 x 5 the answer to the following skill-test question:

5 x 7 + 15 - 8 = ?

I would like to thank Topps for giving me the chance to review this new product.

Support the sponsors that support Card Collectors World!

You killed it bro! Tons of great prospects and the Belt auto is killer!

Comment

Nice review Dan. Very nice break with tons of inserts and 2 good autograph hits. The international parallel cards have a cool looking design to them.

Comment

Great break and breakdown I love this product!
        U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
        http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
        Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
        Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Awesome box. Bowman is by far my favorite baseball product every year.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
          Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
          Johnson/Mears/
          Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

great lookin autos
            and great design again from bowman

Comment

Sick hits. This product is loaded
              Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
              Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
              Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
              Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Nice review Dan and just as always some great cards from Bowman.

Sweet pulling an extra auto too!
                Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Lovin' the review. Glad you had fun busting the box bro!
                  TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
                  A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

Great review!

There's a lot of different inserts in that set!
                    - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

Great review for a great product! AS jesse said the product is loaded. The hit is fantastic as well

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Cool stuff Dan! Nice pulls!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                        Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                        Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                        MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                        NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                        NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                        NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                        I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

great review
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
                          I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

nice stuff and nice pulls, great job on this one

Comment

nice box, 2 autos and a brett wallace /250

Comment

Working...
                              X